Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas concert and a smashed finger:(

I am so exhausted right now I can’t believe I’m actually taking the time to blog!  I haven’t gotten any sleep the past two nights as Tay has been up sick and unable to sleep herself!  AH

Anyway, referring to the picture below, be not afraid…there is nothing too scary underneath all that tensor and ice! So to tell the whole story, last night Sean wanted me to bring the kids to the hospital so that they could star in a video they were filming for Christmas rounds.  The kids were excited so after B’s violin lessons we headed down to the hospital.  When we got there all the kids got out when Sean came down to the car and I decided I wanted to come up and watch so as I was attempting to move my van and park across the street, I looked behind me to check for cars and started moving forward but when I quickly looked ahead of me Brayden was running in front of my car!  HELLO!  Could you imagine me hitting my own child in front of the Ortho library where 8 Ortho Residents are looking down on us?  Well, instead I slammed on my breaks and rolled down my window to yell at B who in turn yelled back at me for getting mad at him.  I told him to get in the car but was unaware that he had already started to open the sliding door behind me and so when I pushed the button to open the door it actually closed it…on his finger!  Just imagine the crying and screaming that ensued after that one! Oh my…the people walking by must have thought the end of the world had just come upon us!  All I know is that when my kids get angry or upset they have the same reaction I have…man I wish they inherited Sean’s calm reactions!  They need to spend more time with him!  So long story short…Brayden did end up starring in the movie (very short clip) but not before he had a few residents look at his finger, decide it did not need an x ray from more than one person and point the finger at his momma! ha  So at home I wrapped his finger/hand in two popsicles and froze his hand pretty much, poor kidSad smile  It’s always Brayden that has these experiences I swear!  Remember the head stuck in the car door?  lol…oh B!

DSCF2080DSCF2081

Tonight on a happier note was the kids Christmas concert at school.  It starts at 630 and doors open at 600 but if you show up at 600 for the door opening you’re for sure sitting half way back in the gym…people are crazy for seats!  Well I was not going to be that person tonight, so after school I quickly showered and got ready and we were at the school at 530 ready to sit!  I creeped into the gym and put coats on the 2nd row for the girls and Sean and I since the front row is reserved for raffle ticket holders.  Just as predicted, when I went to line up at quarter to 600 the line was insane!  Lucky me got sweet seats though…and totally worth it too…the boys were so cute.  I was disappointed though that there weren’t any classic Christmas songs sungSad smile  They sang a couple songs at the beginning that I had never heard of…boring!  I remember our elementary choir singing Silver Bells, We Wish you a Merry Christmas, Twas in the Moon of Wintertime, Silent Night, etc…It felt like it was missing something!

As we were walking the halls waiting though we found one of Tay’s pictures in the art hall, all framed and everything!  Cool!

DSCF2082DSCF2083

Brayden’s class did Frosty The Snowman and he was a snowman…so cute!  That’s his pal Hadley beside himWinking smile

DSCF2084

Here’s Drew for the opening number with the whole choir.  He had his hands in his pockets the whole time, occasionally rubbing around in there…we started to grow uncomfortable and I remember why I hate sweat pants at school! Oh Drew…love u!

DSCF2086DSCF2088

The classic concert…I miss my concerts in school…they were a lot of fun, but of course I had a killer music teacher…Sheila…who made it so much fun and I will always have awesome memories of that!  Drew played on one of the xylophones tonight like I used to play on…he got the part because he plays piano and has good rhythm…that’s my boy!

Now to sleep…if I can drag myself upstairs and not in front of my tv.

L

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I'm picturing Ron weasley face...hahahha sooo funny!!

Hey do you watch new girl? Did you see the bells one? It totally reminded me of the good ol days with shiela and the bells and the christmas concerts and mall performances. We were awesome. Newbie can make fun of me all he wAnts.

Your kids are soo cute. Also, did Tay draw that? wow!!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I love the picture of your 4 kids together!! They are so beautiful!!

Alysha Sladek said...

It makes me sad that they don't sing any traditional Christmas songs at their concerts. One year the kids sang kwanza, hannukah and other songs, but any Christian ones? Nope! So sad!