Last night Sean and I took Taylor to see “The Nutcracker” ballet downtown. It was my first time seeing it and I finally got to stay for the whole thing! I was telling Tay how funny it was that last time I went to see the ballet I was in Calgary at the Jubilee Auditorium and sitting in the very back row with my sister in law. We only made it about 20 minutes into the show when I went into labor with Taylor and had to abruptly leave to go to the hospital as I was in too much pain! She was so excited to see it though, asking me about it all week long and so excited to get all dolled up looking so cute!
As the show started she sat on the edge of her seat and didn’t change for pretty much the whole show. One point the main ballerina jumps up into the prince’s arms and she jumped in her chair, knowing it was going to happen! Hilarious! Then, after the prince finished his solo dance and the applause ended you could hear Taylor say “Mom, he’s so handsome!” She got all embarrassed because I think she knew a lot of people could hear her!
I know Sean particularly liked all the men in tights…and by tights I mean second skin layer! Wow, those are tight pants! ha ha
Today for the entire morning we were at the church for our Branch Christmas Brunch. It was fun to have a breakfast instead of dinner for Christmas! Santa came and all the kids got to sit on his lap…Char didn’t say much but she did sit without crying!
Drew was a little too cool to sit on the floor with all the kids and it was like pulling teeth getting him to sit on his lap…he’s reaching that age I’m afraid!
It snowed a tiny bit yesterday morning and after we dropped the boys off at school the girls and I came home and had a snowball fight outside with the perfect snowball snow…but it’s all gone now I think the kids want it to stay because it feels kind of like Christmas that way…I don’t mind not having snow at all!
Now this week we’re gearing up for Tay’s birthday party on the 19th and then the Christmas Nativity pageant on the 23rd and 24th! AH…come already so I can see my parents in the New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment