Well Sean and I were able to go to Utah on General Conference weekend and meet up with some of his missionary companions that he was such good friends with. David Jeffrey especially who came all the way with his wife from Australia was fun to meet. I’m so glad Sean got to see his friends…he lacks “good” friends in his life and it was so great to see him in his element with his bosom buddies
Unfortunately on our last day there Sean through his back out and ended up on the floor of the hotel room for 3 hours not able to move an inch. We finally got him into the bed and he stayed there until the next morning when we had to fly home! I’m telling you, it’s only by the good grace of God that he could walk around the get on the plane, actually he couldn’t walk around, hence the wheelchair in the picture below! We learned something though, when you’re running late and you put yourself in a wheelchair? You will get to the front of the line so fast! We weren’t running late, but we were able to take advantage of it anyways! He’s still in pain but finally got some good Meds today so I think he’s doing a bit better and is able to be at work tonight.
On a happier note, Drew went to his first cross country race on Monday and did great! He got 101/129 He wanted to get top 30 because then he could advance to the next race but I thought he did pretty good for a 3rd grader racing with a bunch of 3rd and 4th graders! I remember cross country in Bowness Park growing up. That was nothing compared to this race. We walked the race before so the kids could see where they were going and it was very hilly! The last stretch was called “heartbreak hill” because it was all uphill! Killer! He did great though and even sprinted a little at the end.
Then we have Taylor…poor girl went to the dentist a month ago and had 9 cavities! ouch…did I feel like a bad mother that day! So the other day she went and got the coveted laughing gas while watching Yo Gabba Gabba (which by the way has to be the best thing to watch when you’re high on gas!) and was a trooper allowing the dentist to fix her left side with 5 cavities, one of which had made its way to the nerve Poor girl…but she didn’t move the entire hour, just watched the show and dreamed away! I love getting the gas…I literally laugh out loud every time and drift my way through whatever movie is playing…so magical! I must ask for that stuff for my next baby right when I get to the hospital as I hate epidurals…that way it’ll get me through my few contractions that I have!
These pics were from our trip. In Syracuse before we flew out to Utah we were able to spend the night and go to “Lion King” the musical! It was awesome! I had no idea what the puppetry was going to be like and we were both blown away! Amazing!
Anyway, back to real life once more. I’m trying to decide whether or not I want to make thanksgiving dinner or not. It’s tough since I make it all by myself and it’s tiring and usually way too much food…but it also has to be done you know? I want my kids to remember that tradition of a sweet meal on thanksgiving! We’ll see…
L
1 comment:
didn't ya take more pictures?? looks like fun though, wish we could have come to see you guys too.
Post a Comment