So I admit, I suck at blogging lately, it’s just the last thing I want to do lately at the end of the day right? I just found these pics on my camera though and I had a little burst of blogging energy!
These were taken after church a few weeks ago…oh wait, they’re eating breakfast so I guess it was before church…hence the looking cute because they hadn’t wrecked their looks yet! ha
I had made these cupcakes for a Young Women lesson on dating and the white cupcakes were the prize that they ended up waiting for in the end, complete with diamond rings in the middle…they liked these a lot…and they were yummy!
I made all the Laurel’s a dating basket with talks, flowers, treats and sweets with poems connected to each one and a bunch of other stuff. They were really excited about these…they took all night but were very fun…hence my picture when I was done…I was dog tired!
The other night we had a mother/daughter night and I decorated the tables with kind of a fall theme..it was so much fun and I contacted my inner decorator…one girl said “Sister Haslam, I think you’ll be an interior decorator one day”…haha…I highly doubt that but thanks for the compliment!
They made these plates for their moms…very awesome!
This picture is super old…from July when we were in Victoria at the hotel…I love it though so I had to post this memory…and why does Char look so dang big in that stroller…um walk much? Time to get out Little Lou Lou!!
Well we’re just gearing up to go to Salt Lake in a few days and Sheri (Sean’s sis) is here already with her two boys, gearing up to watch my kids for 5 days! I’m so excited though…just even to go to the temple! I haven’t been in SO long! I look forward to putting my friend’s name on the prayer roll. One of our good friends here (Greg) is another resident (Urology), his wife is my good friend (Erinn) and my singing teacher…they just found out that he has a dangerous tumor sitting on his spinal cord and brain! Usually this tumor has a 5 year mortality rate and so you can imagine their nerves. They have already seen a Neurosurgeon in Toronto so they’re on their way to treatment but it’s pretty scary. I went over the day after Erinn found out and she was a wreck just wondering how long her husband was going to live and what would happen! We always talk about this and what if it happened to us and it’s so crazy that it did, and so easily could have been Sean. One of those crazy things, one in a million people get this tumor! It’s been a very sad few days but there is a lot of hope and prayers going around, and we had a multi/ward fast on Sunday along with wards in Victoria, Calgary, Lethbridge, etc so I know the Lord is looking out for them. It’s so nuts how life can change so quickly, you just never know what will happen!
It kind of makes me not want to complain about my busy life. I’m so blessed to have healthy children and a healthy husband and a healthy self I really have nothing to complain about. Life goes on and I’m always going to be busy right? The busy just changes from thing to thing.
The weather is beautiful right now, it was about 25 degrees today! It cools down at night though so it’s perfect that way! Can’t complain
My husband is home now and I’m distracted so I’m out!
L
No comments:
Post a Comment