Well it’s been quite a day…so many prayers and starting a fast, just so much on my mind. Our good friend Greg Roberts is undergoing his brain tumor surgery tomorrow in Ottawa and it’s all we can think about. Not just us, but the entire District (Stake) has been praying for him and Erinn ever since we found out a couple of weeks ago. Our kids pray for him in every prayer they say including the food prayers. Today in District Conference every prayer that was said he was included. I’ve never experienced anything like this, where so many people get together to pray for somebody, even though they don’t even know him. I’m overwhelmed actually and I can’t even imagine how they are feeling. I know they are incredibly nervous. Erinn is not sleeping as I’m sure she’s worried he won’t come out of surgery again. It’s a life or death surgery and it’s just crazy. I’m so emotional right now, the tears won’t stop as I’m typing this, it’s just so crazy that he even has to go through this.
We’re having a fast for the surgery and the surgeon, expecting a miracle really, I don’t think anybody expects anything less.
I just feel so blessed in my life. My kids are healthy, Sean and I are healthy. My family is healthy, relatively speaking, nothing life or death. It just puts things in perspective, makes you think about how short this time on earth really is.
Anyway, otherwise things have been going ok this week. I’m trying to think of some of the things that went on:
-Young Women came over and I taught them how to make apple pies and they did awesome!
-Taylor is swimming on her own now in the pool sans water wings!
-Char found an old soother and had a complete meltdown when Brayden cut off the tip…I won’t say much, just imagine weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth!
-Drew stayed inside for recess one day to help his teacher cut things out for an activity (and for extra 3DS points!)
-Realized I am a total yeller at basketball games/practices with my 6 and 8 year old boys…oh boy!
-Tay asked to do my dishes tonight and washed them all, donned in her “Mother Gothel” robe as she calls it
2 comments:
Greg will be in our prayers too. Let us know how the surgery goes. I was so cute today when we were on the phone and taylor wanted to wash the dishes. Most kids who have a dishwasher never even learn how to really wash the dishes. think of the skills they are learning!! Very cute pictures, and the pie looks divine!
That is a heartbreaking situation with that man from you ward. I will keep a prayer in my heart for him today and hope all goes well.
It is true, we are so very blessed when someone elses world is shaken by an event. We often take health for granted because it is expected but what I've learned is how quickly things can change and life will never be the same again.
We're in the middle of kicking Brinley's binky to the curb and it has been hard!! I don't know what to do!
Post a Comment