I can’t believe that October is almost over and I’ve only blogged like twice this month! AH…I’m really sucking these days!
Well my friend made it back from surgery last week and is now home. The doctor got 98% of the tumor and the rest needs to be fixed with radiation so they’re still in everybody’s prayers that it all goes well.
We took the kids to ChuckECheese this weekend just for fun since Sean wasn’t working on Friday night (a rare thing!). Drew had a goal to get 1000 tickets from the games he was playing so he could get an “angry bird” stuffy from the toy bin at the end. It just about kills me to buy 30 dollars worth of coins for games, only to have the crappiest dollar store prizes that the kids pick from in the end! Seriously, it makes no sense to me! Anyway, after a couple of hours the boys counted up their tickets and Drew found that he only had like 648 tickets…so we all know what happens next…complete meltdown Drew style! Poor kid cries, gnashes his teeth, spazzes, basically until you demand that he stop…or he gets his way. Anyway, Brayden witnessed this for like 20 minutes and then carefully went up to him and offered to give him his 600 tickets so he could purchase his “angry bird”. I just about fell over…I mean Brayden has always been very sensitive to people, but we all know 6 year old boys, they want what they want and seldom do they give it up for somebody else. So they walked over to the prizes together and purchased the angry bird and even had enough left over for a couple of candies and crappy dollar store toys! When we were in the car driving home Brayden said he felt a warm feeling inside him and was so glad that he gave that to Drew I love that kid, he is teaching his older sibling some good lessons!
Being Halloween weekend I wanted to have a Halloween dinner and Brayden was talking about it all week! So last night we made pasta (brains), salad (dead skin), garlic bread (broken bones), and worm juice!! The kids loved it!
Today was the Primary Presentation and before we entered the church I gave the kids the classic speech…”Stay in your chairs, don’t touch anybody else, sing loud! I’m not going to be the mom with that kid!” you know…the classic speech. The kids were awesome though! Tay was the first one to say her scripture and then she sang a solo up at the pulpit like she’d done it a thousand times! I was so proud! I love those kids…they rock
I love this pic. I was downstairs folding laundry and all of a sudden Drew and Sean were both screaming “MOM!!!! COME QUICK!” I thought for a second that somebody had a knife or something! When I got upstairs I saw this…She had pretty much done a perfect job on her left hand and was attempting the right one…um hello! That’s my girl!
1 comment:
I love Brayden. He has such a sweet heart. I just cried reading about that. Seriously him and boots, two little peas. He always gives in to natalies whinning and complaining. I just love that b, give I'm a big hug for me!
Post a Comment