So the other night we went out to our friends house for their annual back to school pizza/chocolate milk party! It was fun with a bonfire and 4x4 rides...and of course flies galore!
Here's another thing...Drew has been taking karate for the past couple of years and this year has decided to do basketball and swimming and piano instead of karate. The problem comes in because I know Sensai will want to encourage him to stay and will ask him why he's leaving etc. If I say money issue she'll probably want to make a deal with me...but in reality it's a 'time' thing! I can't put too much into my schedule or I end up going crazy and the days are too crazy by the time the kids get home to bed. I'm trying to manage my life here, Sensai is not going to understand. Anyway, we'll see how things go tomorrow when I go to talk to her.
We're busy getting our immigration papers underway and it's a nightmare! There are so many things to get together, papers to sign, pictures to take, things to mail...so we're heading down to New York for dinner so we can mail off some more forms to our lawyer! This is going to be a long process this year, but hopefully the timing all works out in our favor.
Today I dropped the kids off at school and sat and watched Taylor to see what she would do. Drew walked her over to the side of the school she was supposed to put her bag and she just stood there for a few minutes, looking around. I was so worried at what she was feeling, until 2 other little girls came up and started talking about their backpacks and what picture was on them! Finally they took off running after eachother and I was able to leave. I feel like my baby is growing up and it's crazy! I have to remember to have a little talk with her about including everybody and not making anybody feel left out...I think Tay tends to get chips on her shoulder and I could totally see her acting out towards somebody without thinking. Hopefully she'll do okay this year!
L
2 comments:
We're starting to feel the craziness now that both boys are in school, too. There are so many good options, it's hard to choose what is BEST for them. And you're right: people don't "get" life balance. They think sticking kids in 100 activities is perfectly normal. Good luck with that. Also, i've been wondering if you teach your kids piano, or if they have a teacher? I know the Royal Conservatory system is king (uh, Queen?) in Canada, so how does that work? I've been trying to teach Cam myself and I feel like it's so hard to make it a priority. And now I feel like Miles is ready, too. How do you handle it?
EW flies BOTHER me sooooo much. I am so strict about our front door being open for 3 seconds because I have had cockroaches, lizards, and flies come in my door if it is open TOO long. GROSS. I can't wait to get Brinley into activities!!! Swimming sounds fun!
Post a Comment