Monday, August 29, 2011

new week

Well yesterday was a typical Sunday...except I discovered something. Usually on Sunday's Brayden hates getting ready for church and getting his suit on by himself. He usually whines at my feet while I'm anxiously getting ready and waits for my help, which drives me batty since I know he can do it himself! Well while we were on vacation we bought the boys new suits, and Brayden got a vest suit which looks awesome on him. I think he was so excited to try it on and was impressed by what he looked like that he didn't ask for my help one time! He was so excited and told me that he'll never complain again and that he'll be the first to get ready! Is that all it took? A new suit? I wish I would have known that earlier! He did look so sharp though...unfortunately I forgot to take pictures:( Next week I will!

We had the missionaries over for dinner last night and they were great. I love when we get energetic missionaries who are socially normal and capable of teaching people! It's very refreshing, and they aren't bad looking! Then that followed with a youth fireside that was packed! It was a good turnout and of course Sean did an awesome job teaching about pride. I love when he teaches, and it's almost like he has this different mantle about him as Branch President where he does it so easily. I love him!

This morning my house feels like a disaster! I watched some of the MTV music video awards last night and was watching all these people that make ridiculous amounts of money and when it was over I looked over at my kitchen and main floor and it was so dirty, I was just tired thinking about having to clean it up...and I thought about all these people who probably never have to do that and probably have maids cleaning up all their crap! I'm not sure what I think about that except I had to make a huge effort to remember all the things I'm grateful for that those people probably don't have! It makes me a better person right? and a better Mommy.

I'm watching my friends 3 kids this morning while I sit here and work/blog, then off to visiting teaching and then back home to clean clean clean! Monday's are great for that, it's like unwind day and I have a little extra energy to do things. One more week until school starts and I...Can't...Wait!

L

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Where did you get the suits this year? Please post pictures next week. did you do a lot of shopping while you were in the states? By the way, I'm doing peaches this morning, 60 lbs of them. Haven't done them for years, but I'm looking forward to having them in my food storage for a change! Call me later:)

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

ahhh a child who dresses themselves! Brin is more interested in taking her clothes OFF than putting the on. We'll get there :-)

Monday's are always a Sunday recovery day for us. I am cleaning bathrooms today and later, running stadium stairs at the FSU stadium! This is my 4th time and I actually feel energized and excited to go. My body is finally getting back into shape!