Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My hockey Star

Well my little hockey star had his first game yesterday and I’ve never seen anybody so excited to play ball hockey EVER!!!  Brayden LOVES hockey, although he’s never played it on a team.  I never grew up with hockey so my motivation to get my boys into hockey is pretty lame!  All of B’s friends play and it has perked his interest a lot though! He’s been begging me for the last two years and when ball hockey came up I thought, what a great way to start, plus he doesn’t have to learn how to skate! 

So yesterday he woke up SO excited to go to school, all he could talk about was hockey.  After school he went upstairs and got dressed into his shorts.  Everything was in his “hockey bag” and when Sean asked him if he wanted to put everything on he was really cool and said “No, you’re not supposed to until you get there”.  He acts like he already knows everything.  When I tell him he should go outside and practice he always says “Mom, I’m already good, I don’t have to”.  

He has great coaches and they tied in the game yesterday 4-4!!!  He was sweaty when he came out and was so proud of it!  I have finally found B’s niche!  I’ve been looking for this for years now and I know we got it…for now!  I honestly hope he doesn’t stay interested in hockey because the schedule is usually crazy and they play a lot of Sunday’s.  I’ll get him into basketball soon enough…but for now he’s lovin life!

IMG_6522 IMG_6523

 

Lotti was a different story altogether.  Forget about sitting on the bleachers and watching…she wants to run away from me all around the arena constantly.  I got tired after 20 min last night and so the girls and I took off for a couple of shopping things I had to do, in the pouring rain! Maybe she’ll sit in a stroller next time?  We’ll see! 

Drew has karate today and I’m going to drop him off with his bike and then come home and get our bikes and bike back there so we can all bike home together.  It’s hot and humid here today and I can’t wait to get outside and exercise!  Yay for spring and summer on its heels!

L

1 comment:

Alysha Sladek said...

how fun for him! Austin's driving me crazy about starting hockey, but I refuse! i know, bad mom award. but it's just so time demanding and he'd miss SO many games. so far baseball has been good - it's only a couple months and they play mon & wed nights... for now anyways.

i can't wait for spring to hit here. I'm SO tired of being cold haha