Well today is the day that Char starts potty training! (yesterday actually) For the last week or so she has been taking off her diaper every time she goes pee or poo and loves to sit on the toilet and try, so I decided instead of fighting her and forcing her to wear a diaper, just take it off!
Last night Sean and I went to Walmart and got all the necessary tools, potty chair, training undies, undies, juice boxes, pull ups, wipes, etc. She is all ready and we've begun! So far lots of accidents in her undies and I'm rushing her to the toilet so she gets it. I'm praying that she gets it right away and we catch a pee in the toilet so she can catch on! This morning when I went in to get her out of her crib, she had taken everything off already and saying poo poo. I went and put her on the toilet and she had a little poop coming out, so we sat there until she pushed it out! Nice way to start the day!
Anyway, that is basically what the next few days of my life is going to consist of...yay me!
On Sunday I turned 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been so excited to turn 30 and I think this birthday is what I looked forward to the most. I expected Sean to do something big for me and I kept hinting at things and reminding him about what not to forget! So Sunday morning I had told Drew to wake Dad up and make breakfast in bed for me (you want something you have to set it up!) I heard him trying to wake Dad up but couldn't so he ended up making the breakfast himself! I got soggy cheerios, yogurt, egg McMuffin (english muffin NOT toasted, but awesome egg) and a diet coke! haha. He said there was no orange juice so a diet coke was the next best thing! How right you are Drew! It was General Conference this weekend so we got to stay home on Sunday and just relax. Sean made a really yummy dinner that he worked on various points of the day (Chicken Cordon Bleu in a crock pot, rice, caeser salad) and then after Conference a bunch of friends came over to celebrate with cake and ice cream! It was a lot of fun, and he bought me 30 balloons, something I wanted! It ended up being a fabulous birthday and I had lots of fun with the fam!
I was going to focus on the kids toys this week and get them all packed up but now with potty training Lotti I have to wait a few days to focus on that. I'm rapidly taking pictures of items in my house to sell on kijiji and gradually increasing the pile out in the garage for the garage sale. Busy busy busy around here!
I also recommitted myself to working out and losing some weight before the summer. I'm just so much happier when I'm at a certain weight and working out. Why do I love food so much? Man oh man...
This was the milkshake smoothie that Drew made me for April Fool’s Day with a banana peel in it! Not bad actually!
My friend Barb brought me this carrot cake shaped like a giant cupcake for my birthday! Very sweet!
These were your flowers Ma…Taylor really wanted to paint the roses red!
On a side note as today is Wednesday and day 2 of potty training…Lotti is doing ok. Yesterday she pooped and pee’d about half in the toilet, half on the ground/legs! I hope she’s getting it…we’ll see by tomorrow maybe. It’s one of those things that I want to give up on completely and just put her back in diapers so my life can get back to usual…but I don’t want to wait and run into the same problems Taylor and I had! I’ve basically taken the whole 3 days off from my normal life to stick beside her the entire day and make sure I see when she needs to go. I left last night before she had gone to bed to go to the church and make homemade miracle cream and lipchap (awesome by the way!) and while I was gone she pooped of course! I felt really guilty about that one, totally left her hanging with Dad who (let’s be honest) is not a potty coach!
Anyway…back at it today!
I also started tidying and packing up the toys in the house and today I think I’ll be able to almost get them all done! it feels a lot better to have some toy organization in the house while I’m packing!
I feel like my life right now is so crazy! I don’t really have down time! In fact, if it weren’t for potty training I wouldn’t have time to blog right now! I guess I should enjoy these next couple of days:) When I got home late last night I put the kids to bed and had to hop on my computer and work for a couple of hours. Sean came in and started massaging my shoulders and I just about died! It was funny actually, I started making tons of mistakes because I couldn’t concentrate on typing, my mind was turning to jelly as he massaged! I guess it makes it easier to think that this is just a moment in my life right now and it will ease up one day when I don’t have to work! All I can say is Thank Goodness for McDonald’s Southwestern Salad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It saved my life last night, and my hunger!
L
2 comments:
HAPPY 30th!! I can't believe you were excited to turn 30. I'm SOOOOOO dreading it!! Glad it was a great day
You're brave to start potty training too. I'm dreading that too so we haven't started...
I wish I could have taken you out and celebrated with you for your big day! Good for Char!! I am so glad that I potty trained boots when I did. That was something that made my life soooo easy. I had to change a poopy diaper today for a 2 1/2 year old today and I wanted to puke. It was just sooo gross. Its funny how fast you forget.
Also, you love food because you are a Miller. I cant kick it either. It is soooo hard! I just think of what I really want all week and eat it on the weekend.
Post a Comment