Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Man…sometimes it just sucks

 

O Canada, seriously?  Remember going to school all bundled up every day in this snow gear?  What we Canadians do for school eh?

IMG_6080 IMG_6081 IMG_6082 

Drew had his baptism last night and it was absolutely perfect!  He was so prepared and was so excited about it.  The rest of the kids did really good too and were very attentive to the whole experience.  Brayden was really sad that he couldn’t get baptized last night too and didn’t want to wait until he was 8.  I assured him it’s better this way because he still has 2 years to make mistakes that don’t really matter!  hmm…maybe not the best advice, I think it went right over his head anyway!

IMG_6083 IMG_6084 IMG_6085 IMG_6088 IMG_6089 IMG_6094 IMG_6097 

This is by far the best picture of them all!  Mom and I had a hard laugh attack about this picture because of Sean’s head!  Jesus is perfectly slicing his head…seriously I was dying!  Something to always remember that’s for sure!

IMG_6099 IMG_6103

So Mom and Dad are gone now.  They drove back to Ottawa tonight to fly out to Calgary.  There is supposed to be some mother storm coming tonight so it’s a good thing they got 0ff when they did.  Although they almost didn’t make it.  I called them a couple of hours after they’d left to see if they made it and they started asking me what highway they’re supposed to turn off on.  Mom started seeing signs in french…um…Mom? You’re in Quebec!  Ya, they drove way too far.  Luckily they had time because they left so early and turned around for another 2 hours back to Ottawa and I guided them to the airport thanks to google maps! 

I also have to say, I love my Dad!  Right before he left, like literally, I got some bad news and was able to cry on his shoulder for a minute.  He always knows what to say, I feel such a special bond with him and I’m just so thankful for him in my life.  I’m trying to remember that when God closes a door, he also opens a window…well I know that is from Sound of Music, but I apply it to my life too!  My Dad is the ultimate example of that this year as he’s struggled with some difficulties of his own…what an example to me that there is always other opportunities out there and there are ways we are meant to grow from experiences like this.  Don’t know what I would do without that man!  Love you Dad:)  I love you too mom, you are superwoman in every way, I only hope I have the same energy you have when I’m a Nana!

Also can I just say…when stress ensues, I totally turn to food!  Watching and counting my calories is like the last thing I am interested in when I have other things on my mind!  What the heck?  I also have to thank my nasal spray for saving my life today and helping me breathe!  That stuff rocks!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

The girls look pretty in their dresses. Drew is so old!! And I was totally laughing about the pic. Made me miss you guys.

Alysha Sladek said...

That picture is hilarious!! Congrats Drew!!
Aren't parents wonderful? So nice that they were able to make it out for his baptism too.