Sunday, January 16, 2011

Drew is 8!!

My big boy is turning 8 tomorrow and yesterday we had his friend party at the place he takes Karate.  The kids had lots of fun and Drew got to be assistant to Sensai and show everybody how to perform certain moves and how to be respectful.  That morning the weather was blizzardy and the roads were brutal, but I had to drive to the other side of the city to pick up his “Kirby” cake and get a present for him.  The cake turned out perfectly and after Brayden, Taylor and I went to Old Navy to pick up a new outfit for him.  Lucky for all the kids, they all ended up getting a new outfit to celebrate with Drew!

IMG_5996 IMG_5998

This is my face when Sean was fooling around and NOT taking the picture when I wanted…just slightly ticked off:)

 IMG_5999 IMG_6003

 IMG_6011 IMG_6019 IMG_6020 

 

IMG_6022 IMG_6024 IMG_6025 IMG_6028  IMG_6035

I love this kid.  He ceases to amaze me every day.  Today he gave a talk in primary and needed no notes.  He was supposed to talk about his favorite scripture story.  He chose the Tree of Life.  He told all about Lehi’s dream and Nephi’s interpretation of it and then bore his testimony that when we hold to the rod of Iron, we’ll make it to the tree of Life and live with Heavenly Father again.  Seriously this kid is ridiculous!  Last night at the dinner table we got on the topic of being in the military and why those people give up their lives?  It ended up in a discussion about the latest terrorist attack on the twin towers and what started WWI and WWII!  Drew was captivated by the whole discussion and is now much smarter knowing all that!  He has such a need and yearning to learn, he just soaks in everything!  He is the quickest to help out around the house, does my recycling regularly and lucky for him, has my detailed eye for cleanliness!  He’s the type that will straighten the pillow on my couch on his way out the door!  I’m excited for him to be baptized at the end of the month, but nervous at the same time because he will be in charge of himself from now on in the Lord’s eyes.  I know he’ll do great, but I just pray that I can teach him what is right so that he will be able to make the right decision in his life. 

IMG_6033

So now the rest of Sunday lays before me and for some reason I have this desire to make cookies and homemade bread!  I get this every Sunday, like this is the day I’m supposed to be baking?  I don’t know, but it’s detrimental to my body so I must resist!  I’ve worked out every day this week on my program and weight watchers has been very successful!  Let’s hope the scales tip a bit tomorrow!

No comments: