So yesterday was our Branch Halloween Party at the church and it was awesome! They had the church totally decorated with spider webs and bats and scary stuff. The kids had numerous crafts to do, bobbed for apples, tried to eat donuts off of a string, had their picture taken with ghosts, and went trick or treating from door to door in the church. Lots of people came and decorated doors and brought candy to hand out so the kids had so much fun! There was also a chili contest and dessert contest which I entered of course. I have come to LOVE cooking/baking and find it one of my new favorite hobbies so I was quick to find a bunch of recipes to bring in the hopes of winning…and I did! My chili came in 2nd but my apple/caramel pie came in first hands down! Apparently people couldn’t get enough of it!
Taylor changed her outfit to be a chicken and Lotti turned herself into Little Red Riding Hood…very cute!
This is Diane, her costume won freakiest costume at work the previous day but it was a bit much for the kids party…she is pregnant in real life so this was a bit much for me! Sick!
This was my white bean chili (yum, thanks Meag) and BEST corn bread in the world! Seriously…everybody was raving about this one and I don’t think I will ever buy cornbread mix again…this blows the socks off any box of cornbread!
After the school party the 3 oldest kids went to their next party at their karate gym and Brayden won the funniest costume! He felt pretty good about that one!
Sean and I drove to Belleville that night for a District (Stake) dance and when we got there we soon realized that we knew all but 2 couples and the rest were 10-20 years older than us…not to mention the meal didn’t excite me…so we stayed for about 10 min and then snuck out the back door of the gym! Oops…made our way to Chapters to buy some books for our upcoming trip this Friday and got some YUMMY dinner at Montana’s and went to the movie “Hereafter” with Matt Damon. It was a long movie but we both liked it. Ended up being a fun date night that we both deserved!
Today was CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got up really early to work on my lesson (I know I procrastinate big time!) and got to church on time!!! Wow, I was actually there in time to play prelude in Relief Society! Anyway, the primary presentation was today and the kids did great, minus Drew turning off the speaker system half way through as a prank! Amanda wasn’t too impressed by that one! After church I drove the kids home and put Lotti to bed and 2 of our young women stayed over to watch the kids while I drove back to the church to play piano for choir. After I drove back with my friend (her kids were at my place too) and piled her kids in the car and drove them home. Then came back home and piled my kids in the car with the two young women and drove them home…I think I got home at 500 tonight! My feet and body were so tired and achy I collapsed in my DIRTY, MESSY, CRAZY house! My carpet is so dirty right now it makes my house feel so much grosser. I think I need to get my carpets cleaned this week before I leave. I’ve been putting it off but it’s time!
I promised the kids we would do something Halloween-y tonight since we weren’t trick or treating so we made these lovely witches fingers…so YUM!
Sigh…all in all it was a day where much got accomplished…Sean was in the OR all day and still is…I guess there were some crazy parties last night and they racked up the surgeries for him today!
Now it’s time to stop yelling at my kids, and I mean literally yell…they are driving me crazy! This week is busy, I’m getting ready to leave for our much anticipated trip to Hawaii for our 10th Anniversary! Sean’s lovely sis and his parents are flying out here to watch the kids for a couple weeks and I’m so grateful for them! Sean is coming with me for a week and we’re meeting my parents in Kauai and then my sis is meeting us there for the second week with her little babes for a girls week. It’ll be a great week away from life basically! I just hope Lotti does ok…she hasn’t been away from me at all I don’t think! At least Sean will be back the second week and off work so he’ll get to spend some quality time with his kids:)
Ok…off to put my little peeps in bed!
L
1 comment:
Sis. I love you. Cute costumes and the party sounded really fun! Is chars hair rollered? Soo cute! See you in 12 days!
Post a Comment