Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Not good

I awoke this morning to a killer headache. This hasn't happened to me in a long time. Usually I go to bed with headaches and sleep kills them off...but instead I woke up this morning to one right in my temples and every little sound my kids are making is creating a war in my brain! Could it be the entire package of licorice I ate last night? Or maybe the fact that I've been reading non stop for the past 2 days and maybe my brain is turning to mush? I love when you get consumed by a book. It's great to escape to another world if you can forget about the one you left behind for a couple of days.
I guess today I need to get on my laundry and anything else I've been neglecting...aka...working out! I told my friend that I'd run in the triathlon this Saturday so I kinda have to get my butt in gear and at least run everyday this week so I don't die!

I also have to say how much I am in love with my kids...but especially my little Lotti. I get so excited every morning to go in her room and bring her down for breakfast. She is so cute as she sits there in her crib and smiles up at me. She now says "up" when she wants up or down, and now she says "uh oh" when she drops something usually. She half says "all done" when she is done eating and it kind of sounds like "ah na". She definitely has talked a lot sooner than any of my children and it's so cute. She is very content but has definitely found her voice and will not hesitate to raise it when she wants something or doesn't like something. She wouldn't be a part of this family if she didn't! I just love her and can't imagine my life without her in it! I love how that happens. Just over a year ago I didn't know this cute personality would be so much fun and now it's like she has always been here and was always meant to be. She makes everybody smile and laugh and I love that!

Another highlight of my week has been my discovery of Kijiji! It's basically a place you put things for sale online and it's local so most people viewing it are from Kingston. While my Mom was here she sewed a new bedspread for Tay's room and we changed the curtains so her bed frame didn't really match anymore, neither did the bedside table. So I decided to sell it so that I had money to get a new frame. I put the bed frame online, along with the tables and the mirror and within 2 days the bed and tables were sold! I'm still waiting on the mirror. So now I have my little Kijiji fund and I'm so excited about it. I have 2 double strollers in my garage that I can sell and who knows what else! This might become a little hobby of mine! Sean asked that he doesn't come home one day from work and have an empty house so I can't sell EVERYTHING!

Also, I LOVE having a big yard but I hate mowing my lawn and constantly weeding! Sean is never home to do these things, hence I do it all...I've just run out of energy to do it. Our lawn is huge in the back and the front...well I guess I'm waiting for my neighbor to do it since I've done it the last few times. We are nice neighbors and mow eachothers lawns in the front since they're connected and together pretty much make up a good size lawn for one person. I just laugh when I drive past front lawns that are sharing and there is a line down the middle or way to the side where the property line may be...come on people! Seriously? Does it really hurt to mow that extra little bit? Where's the love? How disconnected we are as a people when we can't even mow that extra strip of grass that doesn't belong to us. Sad really.

L

3 comments:

Nadine said...

Oh Libby I sure feel for you and your head. So feel for ya! Hugs! Luv ya...praying for you today that you feel better...

Jeni said...

I've had migraines the last 3 days... And I wish someone, even my husband would mow my lawn. I live in a jungle.

Miller Time said...

Libby at least you don't have my yard 1.5 acres. I will pick weeds for an hour and not even make a dent in them. But I feel your pain when it comes to lawn work, but I do not mow that is Brian's job!