Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Finally catching up!

Well we’re home from our trip and I’m just getting settled in to living in my own house again.  You always think it’ll take 1 day to get organized but of course I still have bags full of clothes and laundry half way done and I”m now sitting down to blog and download pics from the end of our trip!

It was SO much fun and we absolutely loved being with our cousins!  On our way home we decided to go the New York City way and stop by Carlo’s Bakery in Hoboken, NJ!  If you watch Cake Boss you know exactly what I’m talking about!  It was crazy there!  The city of Hoboken is really cute with a ton of shops and right on the water across from Manhattan!  We took a walk down to Pier A first to see the city before we waited in line at the bakery.  We were bringing home cannolli’s for our friends so we had to have the bakery be our last stop before we got home so that we could keep the pastries cool in the cooler! I waited in line for 45 min down the block before we got into the store.  When we finally did though it was nuts!  You could not move and when they called your number you had to shove your way to the front of the store just to give them the order.  I couldn’t even see into any of the windows to see what they made!  I just knew I wanted cannolli’s and some puff pastries so that’s what I asked for!  I also got myself an apron (which I needed) and a t-shirt that is really cute actually!  It was hot and sweaty and crazy but the kids had fun just being there in a famous store!

On the way home we stayed in Scranton and took the kids to the movie “Despicable Me” and had some yummy Mexican food before heading home! 

I love doing road trips with my little fam…they do so great in the car it’s like a second home to them at this point!  Lotti was fabulous!  I’m very blessed!

The house was blazing hot when we got back though, the A/C had been off for the 10 days we were gone and apparently it was like 95 degrees here all week.  It’s day 3 of being home now and the house is cooled down, my flowers aren’t doing so great out front, but the pool is in the 80’s so that’s awesome for the swimmers!

I went to the dentist this morning and had some fabulous nitrous oxide while I had a few fillings done and it was fun to go into another world for an hour and not worry about the pain in my mouth!  Now I have a sore mouth and a slight headache from it all, but worth it to not have to feel the pain during the process!

4 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

how fun that you got to go to that bakery!! how was it????
And how was despicable me? I've wanted to take the kids to it, but wonder if it's any good...

lynne said...

mmmm im hungry just looking at that!!
you guys have the best travelers!

Jeni said...

that was me, sorry!

Julie said...

That's awesome! I love that you have the patience to stop and play when you're on a road trip. I guess it helps that you live and travel near a bunch of really cool places to stop and play in though! Glad you're home safe!!!!!