When we left Rochester the roads were still crappy and a lot of snow! It was actually like that the whole day until we arrived in Cincinnati where we decided to stay for the night. I bet we saw 40-50 cars and trucks in the ditch that day! I was sitting on pins and needles the whole time! Sometimes I hate being the back seat driver because I'm NOT in control! The kids were great though. Drew is busy playing DS, listening to his ipod and working on his grade 1 work. Brayden is busy watching movies, DS, sleeping and bugging Taylor. Taylor likes to look outside and daydream, tell me that "Dreams come true mummy!" every so often, watch movies, and yell at Brayden for teasing her. Charlotte loves to sleep, eat, turn her head around and smile at me, play with her little daisy duck stuffy, occasionally get out of her seat for a stretch, and sleep! She is seriously being fabulous! I'm gradually getting through my book and was able to watch one movie so far. Now that the roads are clear hopefully there will be more reading and less straining my eyes to watch the ice on the road.
Tuesday the traveling was great and the roads were dry pretty much the whole way to Huntsville, Alabama, where we are right now! Last night we hooked up with one of Sean's missionary companions Barry and his wife Suzanne and 2 kids! It was really fun and great to get along with his wife just as much as he got along with Barry! That always makes things easier.
Now the kids and I are hanging out in our hotel room while Sean went to Barry's seminary class and then I think they're going for breakfast after. We only have a few hours to travel today before we get to Sean's Mission President's house so we can leave later than usual!
I woke up this morning to the remembrance of WORK! ugh...back to the daily grind! I LOVE vacation because I usually don't get it...(ie. working on the road) but the hospital took a week off at Christmas so I got really warmed up to the idea of not having to work everyday! Oh well...can't complain!
Funny story:
When we were in Ohio trudging through the heavy snow in our car we started thinking about the Pioneers and how they had to go through that in the dead of winter, walking no less! Then the conversation went something like this...
Sean: Drew do you know who the pioneers were?
Drew: Um...weren't they Yeti?
Ya, looks like we dropped the ball somewhere with that one...time to do some educational training!
Now to end my post I have to give a huge thank you to Marriott for always giving me a clean warm bed to sleep in and always keeping my mind at ease knowing that I won't find anything gross or unexpected in my bed or room! We're becoming quite close Marriott and I!
L
Click on the pick below!
![]() |
| Dallas Trip |

3 comments:
Thanks for the update!! Glad you're on dry roads again! Love the pictures!
that is why i want 2 girls. so they can match!
and fun trip so far. just hurry and get here. seriously you are so close!
Oh my! I'm glad you got through the yucky roads. There are few things I dislike more then icy roads when traveling! I wish it was gonna be warmer for you in TX though. Make sure to come see us in a few weeks when you're on your way to Calgary!!!!!
Post a Comment