Sunday, January 03, 2010

Day 1

I'm going to keep this short as I need to get to sleep since my wake up call is coming early!

This morning:

- woke up to tons of snow
- went to church one last time, stayed late so Sean could finish interviewing people...AH
- came home, packed up the car and finally got off!
- left the driveway to be cleared by somebody else! haha

This afternoon:

- prayed we would make it past the border patrol (wise decision to go through the border by our house, they are SO laid back)
- crept along the roads and tried to pass snow plows (could it be any worse outside for traveling across country?)
- Made it to Rochester, NY and everybody is sleeping as it continues to snow outside! It's chilly!!!
- checked the weather in Dallas and found out it was 3 degrees...Brayden cried, then stopped when he knew it wasn't snowing there at least!
- Ate some take out from "Moe's"...yummo

Now:

- everybody but me is sleeping as usual (only after Dad reading them the BEST book "Harold and his purple crayon"!)
- listening to my awesome new Ipod Nano play through it's little speaker (did I mention how much I love it?)
- Trying to make it to bed but can't get off the computer...oh the addiction...and the dedication to journaling!

So there it is...my little recap of our first day. Tomorrow will be an all day car trip (9 hours hopefully) and if all goes well we'll roll into Louisville, KY!

L

6 comments:

Jeni said...

Travel safely!! You'll be in our prayers!

houseofhud said...

Good luck in your travels! Sounds like an adventure.

Heather said...

hope you get all the way to TX with no problems. YOu are so brave to drive all that way with 4 little ones. I hate driving. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures! Have fun!

Alysha Sladek said...

drive safe! looking forward to some pics :)

Nadine said...

Safe Travels Libby. On your travels if you find a Culver's Restaurant. Stop there. Guaranteed S-A-T-I-S-F-A-C-T-I-O-N!!!!!!!! They have the best homemade frozen custard ice cream...but also the meals, fries, milkshakes and all are yummo!

Jeni said...

that first comment is from mom. i wonder who else she is commenting on as me.
Tell B I ddn't even wear a jacket here today. you cant swim outside but it isn't bad!

and UPDATE!!