Sunday, July 05, 2009

Finally we see the sun!

I woke up this morning to a blue sky and I couldn't have been happier! It's been grey the last few days and I've been less than happy around here. I'd be afraid to hear what my kids think of me lately! I know one girl who loves me though and that's my little "Lotti" as Drew calls her. She is sitting right beside me right now in her swing and looks like this!
We call it "burrito'd" when we wrap her all up nice and tight so that she feels secure. I need to wake her up to feed her so that she doesn't get night time mixed up with morning time tonight! She sleeps SO good, only wakes up once during the night or early morning to eat, but right when I want to go to sleep she is gassy and squirmy so I'm trying to not let her sleep SO much during the day. It's hard though since it gives me a chance to tidy up and get things done!
Here's me since nobody ever takes pics of me around here!
So the pool is up like I said in my last post, but Sean hasn't put the filter on it or chlorine yet so the kids were waiting until he got home tomorrow night to swim, or at least until he got those things done. Well yesterday they couldn't stand it any longer and I thought "Why not?" A little unfiltered water ain't gonna hurt them right? So in they went...well the boys anyway...Taylor got as far as dipping her little toes in before she realized how cold it was! Since it hasn't been that hot around here this week the water hasn't had a chance to heat up at all. Brayden got in and swam the most...he hyperventilated a little but was still happy about it! Drew almost didn't get in but with a little shove from good ol' mom he splashed around a little!
Today was church for the first time with 4 kids and was alright! Charlotte slept through sacrament and a little into the second hour which worked great for me! I just hung out in nursery since they were short a leader today and fed her in there. It was layed back which is exactly how I like church...it just hasn't been like that for 2 years!

Anyway...Taylor came home and had a nap that she needed REALLY bad and woke up with a slight fever so I hope nothing is coming! That is the last thing I need...a sick child around the baby! Hopefully she sleeps it off tonight. Sean gets home tomorrow afternoon from his conference in Whistler this weekend and I can't wait to see him. We're sure lonely around here with no Daddy! He has been at the Annual COA (Canadian Orthopaedic Association) Conference in Whistler and was actually on the schedule to present his research project today! He was pretty pumped and nervous about it but I'm sure it went great! Hopefully next time I'll get to go too!

L
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

saltysista said...

You look beautiful, Libby. So does your sweet Charlotte. Let's try to talk soon, ok?

Julie said...

ooooo...I hope Sean's presentation went well. That sounds scary! Glad the pool is in but sorry about the crappy weather. Hopefully it'll warm up! "Lotti" is seriously so darling and I think that nickname is so cute!

Alysha Sladek said...

she's darling. bet the kids are loving the pool.