Thursday, July 02, 2009

Finally

Well yesterday was fun since Dad was home for the holiday of Canada Day! Yipee!! I feel like he's been working on every holiday so this made it feel like Saturday! Anyway...we headed up to the church for our annual Canada Day BBQ and games with some people in the Branch. It was a sunny beautiful day so it was purrfect outside for everything they had planned. They had fun games for the kids, 3 legged races, water balloon toss, kickball (which Drew loved) and tug rope. It was so cute to see Taylor on the rope pulling her little heart out! It was kind of my first outing in front of people to show Charlotte off and she slept through the whole afternoon!

One of my friends at the BBQ asked if there was anything she could do for me and jokingly I replied..."Yes, you can come and set up my pool!" Well immediately she said "Sure! We'll all come over tonight and do it, I'll bring dinner and we're set!" Well I felt really guilty but they all seemed happy to help out and it turned out being a fun get together with great food! Thanks Julianne! So now the pool is up and the water has been filling it up ALL night. I just turned the water off because it's making it's way to the filter hole which hasn't been filled with the filter yet so we'll wait until Sean can hook that up! Now we just need the sun to shine and warm this big sucker up! It's seriously a huge pool, much larger than I thought so it'll make for some great pool parties!

Last night we were up late anyway so we tossed all the kids in the car and headed downtown to witness the fireworks. They were pretty good, minus the lame finale! There was this one boom and then nothing else. I was waiting for like a minute of craziness to finish it off but nothing! So kind of anti-climactic for me but the kids enjoyed it!

Today it's totally drizzly outside and I feel SO cooped up in this house! The kids just went out front to play in the wet grass...I need some fresh air!

L
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily said...

yay!! i'm happy for you! so glad your pool is finally up! hope you get all the last minute things finished up so you can enjoy it! i always wanted a pool growing up, your kids are lucky! :) too bad about the lame fireworks!! they are fun nonetheless!!

Jeni said...

BE CAREFUL with that pool... it is so big it makes me nerveous!! but fun!
i hate lame fireworks. did you take that pic of them? nice!

Lynne said...

Wow, I can't believe it's up!! You guys have some great friends, Love that pic of Brayden and you.