Saturday, January 31, 2009

Getting snowed in!

The snow here has been crazy!!! I had a day unlike any other day that I won't go into too much detail about because I was a total grumpy hag and I don't really want to remember it! Anyway...I had a lot of work that morning and the kids were extra whiney for some reason...it was not a school day so I had all 3 home with me all day. Since I was working I couldn't be of much help to the whining so the only thing I could really do was yell...not a good start. To make a long morning short...I demanded that everybody go outside to shovel the driveway with me and do some WORK! Whining continued and it took about 30 min for them all to finally get their butts in gear and come outside with me, where there was more...whining! After about 45 min I gave in to Taylor and allowed her back inside to watch Dora, followed by Brayden and then Drew last. After 2 hours of shoveling and killing my back, my neighbor came home and got stuck in her driveway. I yelled out to help her but she declined and said her husband would be home soon and he could plow her out with his truck. A couple of minutes later he came home and sure enough, had a plow on the front of his truck and did her driveway. As I watched and yearned for him to come across the street to plow mine he finally did! I asked to pay him but he kindly said "What are neighbors for!" I came inside, sat down and felt extremely guilty for being such a meany to my kids and asked for their forgiveness which they easily gave. I think I need to get that under control before they get older and stop forgiving me so easily! Anyway...by the afternoon the day had calmed down and I was able to take a long hot shower and have some time to myself.
On a really happy note...I finished my 2008 blog book and ordered it the other night! It took me a long time because of various difficulties but I finally buckled down and perfected it so that I could order it! I'm so excited and truly thankful that I started blogging those few years ago because it has made for an amazing journal to keep for years to come!
Thursday night Sean and I had a date night that we really needed. It's been awhile since we've been out together and spent money so it was nice to do! It started out at Lone Star for the best chips and salsa around and a fabulous salad! After we attended a play called "The Princess story" based on the movie "Princess Bride". The director is a friend of Sean's so we went to support him and check it out. It was done by a group called "The Young Amateurs" (I think) so ranging from age 6-16 I think. Very cute and well done by all those involved. A lot of kids in the "awkward stage" if you know what I mean...age 9-10? It made for some quirky characters so that made it super funny!

Yesterday Sean left early in the morning for Charlotte, NC for a fracture course that he's doing. He'll be there until next Tuesday night so it's already been a long weekend alone. I'm sure he's enjoying some warmer weather too!:(

This pic is of Taylor last night while she ate a Dairy Queen dilly bar...I think she enjoyed herself!
The superhero pose they gave me last night...hilarious! After the kids went to bed (minus Taylor) we watched "Mamma Mia" and LOVED IT!!! I think the last musical I watched was "Hairspray" and I HATED IT, so I was a little skeptical of this one...but it was amazing! I fell in love with ABBA all over again and want to listen to their music with all new meaning! I would love to see this on broadway too I'm sure I'd love it! Taylor had her eyes glued too and danced a lot with me...maybe it was the men with their shirts off though :)
Well today I took the boys to the movie "Hotel for Dogs" and dropped Taylor off at my friend Barb's house. The movie was cute, a little slow getting started but the boys enjoyed it. I had that "annoying kid" sitting next to me who would talk like he had a microphone and say everything that was happening on screen, like we can't tell by watching? Then he started to put his boots up on his chair...I mean MY chair and MY legs so I started to shove them over...I don't think his Dad could tell but I was about to tell him to shut up and stop kicking me until that little voice inside my head...the nicer voice...told me to ignore him and realize that I'm at a KIDS movie and deal with it!

So now we're home for the night, a few hours until the kiddies go to bed YAY!!! Not much to do tonight...I wish I had a good book! I just finished the last 'Sophie Kinsella' book so I'm sad about that...I love her books! Any suggestions?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

tlr said...

so much snow! That would be great to have a neighbour with a plow. I hope you have a good rest of the weekend...I know it's hard with out a hubby around!
Where do you get your blog books done??
Hope you are feeling well too!

Julie said...

I love Momma Mia! I actually have seen the stage show twice and its awesome, and of course I loved the movie too. I downloaded ABBA gold the other day and have not stopped listening to it since. Its so fun! As for the kids movie, when we took our kids to Ratatouille I had a kid behind me with the light up shoes. His mom was letting him walk back and forth and out of the corner of my eye I would see the shoes light up. It was very distracting! So even though you're at a kids movie it still is up to the parents to teach the kids MANNERS! Sorry about all the snow but good for you to shovel. I hate shoveling! And don't be too hard on yourself about the mean mommyness. We all have those days! And last, but not least...good job on the Blog book. I'm over half way through mine and they really are a good journal!

Jeni said...

HUnger Games by Suzane Collins read it.
Tay looks like you in that picture. She is adorable. you sound sooooo craby and cranky in that post!! haha sounds like my day yesterday too!

Krissy Marshall said...

Ok I hated Momma Mia, but loved Hairspray...go figure.
I can't believe it's still snowing over there. It almost feels like spring is just around the corner here in Calgary.

What to Read:
The Alchemist
By Paulo Coelho