We had some friends over on Monday for dinner and FHE and this is a little picture of all the kids gathered on the couch listening to Sean's lesson. It must have been a good one to get all 5 of them listening for SO long!
I bought these oranges from Costco the other day and when I opened one it was pink! Come to find out they are ALL pink like a grapefruit. I was a little creeped out but when I tried it, it tasted exactly like a juicy orange! Crazy!Taylor thoroughly enjoyed them...one of her favourite treats!
More please!
Well I was upstairs on my treadmill yesterday and had been going for about 20 min when all of a sudden WHAM! I stop in my tracks and just about fall over, not to mention my heart beating out of my chest from stopping so abruptly! You guessed it...power was out again! I thought it might flicker on again after 30 sec but no...when I called the electric company they said they hoped to have the power back up by 800pm that night! AH...it is getting a tad depressing to have a dark house at night. Luckily last night we had swimming lessons so we headed out of the house early to grab some dinner and then off to swimming. It was nice this time to be out of the house instead. Did I load my flashlights with batteries since the last black out? NO! I still had my candles out but I was so mad at myself for not preparing yet again! By the time we got home at 800 it was back on so it wasn't as bad as last time. Now it's snowing like mad outside this morning, I had to drive the kids to school because the buses were canceled.
I think today will be my "finish laundry and ironing" day, tidy up and get on my treadmill again...hopefully not to be rudely interrupted this time!

9 comments:
And on your list of things to do . . . . get batteries! HaI heard there is a bad storm heading your way so be prepared. Cute picture of the kids! Tay's hair is getting longer all the time.
I am always afraid of being in a situation like that and having no batteries. And 1 question, were they Blood Oranges? They look like it. They're so yummy.
I thought you were going to say you fell...you almost killed me! And Tay's hair is SOOO long, I love the side pony's ! miss ya ..cant wait to see you soon! the KEG is calling or the red water grill...ooo yes let's go there! xoxo
HELLO!!!!!!!!! TALK ABOUT A WAKEUP CALL! Get your food storage girl!
and tays hair is getting SOO long I am in love! nice orange pic btw... that is nat's fav treat too "shorange peese"
kevin just bought the same type of oranges! they're trippy! :) brutal blackouts!! I hope they stop!
Libby, it's me Jewel. I don't know if you remember playing ball with me or not...WAY WAY long ago!!! Anyway, I just came across your blog from a couple links from a friends. Wow, you have such a beautiful family, and BUSY! I was feeling bad cause my husband is coaching basketball and I never see him but then I read your blog and, well, I'll shut up now! Drop me an email whenever you have time (khardy@shaw.ca) I see you are still typing but didn't know you came back after you mat leave with Tay? Take care!
If I didn't know any better, I'd say Sean had candy to bribe the kids with so they would listen to the story. Amazing that they all sat to listen.
I can't remember when we went with no power for a whole day here in Calgary...It must be an eastern thing.
i hope the power outs stop! that's too bad. those oranges sound yummy. cute pictures. taylor is adorable!
What's with your power being out? That's nuts. As for your oranges, they're called Blood oranges and they're in season this time of year. If you squeezed the juice out of them it would be red. Maybe something fun for Valentine's day?
So that made me sound really smart right? I actually read about Blood Oranges and red Orange juice on V-day in my parents magazine. I'm really not that smart!
Post a Comment