This morning ended up being completely time efficient and we actually got to church 15 min early! I've been so mad at myself the past month because church changed to 11:00am and I was still late every week! What is wrong with me? Anyway, I've got my routine down...I have to get ready first, followed by breakfast for everybody, followed by boys dressed and hair, followed by Taylor dressed and hair. She is usually awesome for me when it comes to doing her hair but this morning required an extra treat of a sticky sucker in her hands so she would sit still! Anything for cute hair I tell ya! Anyway, I bought a new purse at Walmart the other day while I was there because I've been looking for a church "bag" for all my lovely kid books and crayons and whatever else ends up in the church bag! You cannot have a big enough church bag I'm convinced...we will do anything it takes to keep those kids quiet for an hour!
Today was a bit different, being that it was Branch Conference the sacrament meeting lasted for an hour and a half instead. I'm getting used to sitting by myself with 3 kids but the extra 30 min just about killed me! Why was I sitting alone you ask? Well usually it's because Sean is working on Sunday's...today it was because he was called to come and sit up front and be the new Branch President...what the? No I'm kidding, I knew it was coming! By that I mean he was called before today so we had some time to prepare! Anyway...he was nervous about today and thought his heart was pounding outside his chest for everybody to see...once the secret was out though he was 100 times better and was able to breathe and think clearly for once! For anybody that doesn' t know what a BP is, basically it's the same thing as Bishop, but because we live in a Branch (smaller than a ward) they call it Branch President.
Well if I thought I didn't see my husband right now as it is with his busy schedule at work...I'm sure my time with him will be cut even shorter now. At this point I'm okay with it, one because I have faith that he was called on by our Heavenly Father, and two because I know he'll be a great leader and probably become a better husband and father (although he doesn't have much room there given he's already awesome). I'm also the type of person that is alone A LOT and I'm okay with that as long as I have my usual outlets (tv, friends, family...notice that I put TV first? ha ha). Anyway, I'm glad that I'm at the point in my life where I can support and love him and take care of my family without having a complete meltdown...I would label my meltdowns as "venting sessions"...sounds better that way! I also have the amazing support of my mom who has been there, done that and is currently doing that! I love you mom!
I'm just grateful for my blessings and my family...the most important possession in my life! Speaking of that...Taylor had what I would call the "24 hour flu" the other day and as I was sitting on the couch with her yesterday afternoon, watching her lethargic body just laying there not wanting to eat or drink, I noticed how much love and worry I had for this little girl. I would have done that ALL day, just watching her intently for any little change to come about if I could. Isn't that amazing what we do for our children? And it's not even hard for us...it's like nothing else matters when it comes to them and you will drop anything and stop life just to make sure they are taken care of and happy. I love my kids and realize that they have truly taught me of unconditional love! I'm also happy to say that Taylor has beat the bug that overtook her body and is back to her normal self today! I'm just hoping it's not lingering somewhere waiting to hop onto someone elses fingers!
Well I'll leave you with some pics I just took of Sean...he is trying to nap before he goes to his first Youth Fireside that he's presiding at...
7 comments:
Congratulations to Sean. And I'm glad Tay is feeling better. 11:00 Church is the best. It'll be a good year!
wow congrats! that's an exciting change for your family. he'll be awesome. 11 has to be the perfect time for church, it's not too early and you're out at a decent time. i'm glad taylor's feeling better. my kids are all down with something now too and i just hope it passes quickly.
WOW!!! That is GREAT!!! He will do such a great job. I haven't spent a lot of time with Sean but from the time I have been with him I'm pretty much convinced he is one of THE nicest guys in the world! Again he will be awesome! Now on to you...you're amazing! I'm glad you have that peace and confidence in yourself to be able to take this on. I remember when we were in YW and Peggy Seidel came in and talked to us about the type of YW and, later, wives we needed to be. She said that there are many men who could serve in leadership positions but are never called because their wives don't have enough faith to support them. That always stuck with me and so I've tried throughout the years when TJ's had meetings, mutual, and such to not complain and to have faith. (not that he's ever been BP or Bishop, that's a whole different story but you know what I mean) Its not always easy, but totally worth it and you'll do great. Its probably a blessing that he's gone as much as he is...maybe it prepared you a bit. Anyways, sorry for the long comment but I'm just excited for you guys!
wow!! that is exciting and scary! well it would be for me at least! he will do a great job! you sound amazing libby, i don't know if i couldn't handle that much alone!
COULD handle that much alone. :)
Sean is an awesome man and his schedule makes me stop and think before complaining. You also handle a ton and I wish you would share your secret - I'm still trying to keep up with the laundry and I only have one.
Hey take a picture of your church bag and post it - I'm very interested...
lIbbs, that is so awesome! Sean will do such a good job at it! I love the sleppy pictures, that is might all you see for awhile! love you guys and GOOD LUCK!
Post a Comment