So tonight we sat down and ate dinner minus Dad...they wouldn't let him go home for dinner tonight...workaholics! Anyway...the kids kept looking outside into the back yard so I suggested they go out and jump on the trampoline for a bit while we waited for Dad to get home. Usually when they do something like this I take the opportunity to clean the kitchen, watch some tv, check my email, etc. This time I sat down at the door and just watched them. After awhile I realized that I had a huge smile on my face...I think it was there the whole time as I watched them and I couldn't help it. Every little thing they do makes me smile and makes me happy! What is it? Even though life is so different now that there are children in it, it is so much better than before! I would be by myself 6 years ago smiling at something on tv maybe or not smiling at all? I don't know. I'm rambling...I just had to say that I love these simple moments where I have all my children in my backyard, they are so naive to the world outside of my backyard and these fences that keep them safe. I know people always say to cherish and enjoy these moments because they grow up too fast and you won't get them back. Tonight I truly felt this and enjoyed being with them more than usual. Can they always stay young? They are truly a challenge at times but the joys overpower the challenges by a ton!

Ok excuse my bad pictures...my display on my camera broke and so I have to look through the tiny peephole to take pictures...yes most of them suck!


So every night when I put the boys to bed Taylor is usually waddling around in the room reading books or climbing in bed with Drew (she loves him). After I say good night she gets her soo soo and blanket and comes downstairs with me for a little alone time before she has to go to bed. When I disrupt this nightly ritual she is not a happy camper! The other night I was exhausted and didn't want any children around me so I put her in bed right after the boys and I think she screamed for over an hour on and off. I never got her, she finally fell asleep but it was kind of sad. Tonight she came downstairs with Sean and I to watch some tv and we had some fun watching her play and sing and dance to herself. I realized she really cherishes this time with us...it's the only alone time where she has the two of us to herself...how can I take that away from her? When we say goodnight after about an hour she is ready and actually will walk herself right to her bedroom at that point.


My mom was asking me today on the phone if Taylor still had screaming fits...this video captures a small fragment of her true personality. It's her way of expressing herself since she has to compete for attention with two older brothers. I was the same way and in a way I don't blame her for it...that doesn't mean I can't get super annoyed though right?
Those of you who don't understand the beast inside the beauty...you're not missing anything! This girl can wail like no other! She now has this new pitch that is the pitch that pinches that one nerve in your head and creates immediate aching? Your eyes start to squint and you might even cover your ears? She'll do it at the same pitch with no wavering for about 10 sec...that is a really long time...seriously count it right now...1 one thousand, 2 one thousand, 3 one thousand, 4 one thousand, 5 one thousand, 6 one thousand, 7 one thousand, 8 one thousand, 9 one thousand, 10 one thousand!!!!!!!!!!!! Now imagine the most annoying sound in the world for that long. And forget trying to stop her...you can't talk to her because she can't hear you! Most people don't understand this in public and will stare at me in utter disbelief that I haven't shut her up yet! People...she can't hear me...I have to wait for HER to be finished. Oh the Diva...I guess I can't expect anything less coming from my loins! LOVE HER TO DEATH THOUGH...Her smile can make you forget what was on your mind...it's unforgettable. I tell her every day and many times a day that she is pretty and so now when she gets dressed, paints her nails, does her hair or puts on her toque she always points to it and says "preeeeee".
These are lots of little tidbits about my kids but I just don't want to forget them one day when I look back at these posts...
On a side note...Sean has his licensing exam tomorrow so good luck Seany! I know you'll ace it...let's hope you don't get any women that come onto you right? (wink wink)
3 comments:
LOVE that girl and yes she is sooo pretty! I love her scream haha. I was just telling someone the other day how I hate it when people stare during those moments. it makes me want to say "you wanna try?"
Let me start by saying how funny it is that your first paragraph was about how great being a mom is and making sure to treasure the small moments and how you enjoyed watching them on the tramp to the next paragraph talking about how one night you just wanted your kids away from you! Hahahaha! Only the mom's out there will truly understand how those 2 feelings can exist at almost the same time. Anyways, that totally made me laugh! As for Taylor...I don't know if I've told you this but when Natalie was a baby and would do that we said she was going supersonic. Its just so descriptive! We say the same thing about Reece now. I think its a girl thing cause my boys never did that!
I had to watch that twice cuz it was so enjoyable! You're a good mom Libb
Post a Comment