Friday, October 10, 2008

The apple orchard

Oct 9

Yesterday when Sean got home from work he suggested that we go for an outing and pick our own apples from the orchard! The kids weren't too excited at first but once we got there and starting picking they quickly changed their attitudes. It was so much fun to find yummy apples and the kids got a real sense of accomplishment by doing it themselves!

Well I just got back from a LONG walk with the kids. Last night after downing a bowl of ice cream and bowl of popcorn I became very depressed. Yes people...I've reached my point of no return yet again! I know this will be a lifelong battle of mine but at least I keep reaching my point where I smarten up right? Anyway...after a long prayer for help I decided that today was the day to get moving, eating right and learning to love myself for real! Now don't get me wrong...I know I'm one hot tamale, but I needed to make some serious changes in my eating styles and exercise regime. So first thing this morning I woke up and turned on my dvd player to Turbo Jam and danced it out! I'm learning all the moves for the next couple of days before I move on to the real burn but it's fun! I'm excited to having something fun in my own living room to get me in shape. After I took the kids outside for a long walk along the bike trails by my house. Drew rode his bike, Brayden rode his razor scooter and I took Tay in the running stroller. I think we were gone for like 3 hours! It is beautiful outside today so it was great to smell the fresh air and see the beautiful colors! Now I have to master the eating for the rest of my day and right now I'm avoiding making lunch since I'm not sure what to make yet...we'll figure it out! Drew just came in and said "c'mon Mom...I'm starving death!" I guess that means he's really hungry! ha ha

ps...stay tuned for some family pics from our photo session the other night!

8 comments:

tlr said...

Fun Apple picking!
Good luck with loving yourself, you are worth it!

Lynne said...

Good for you. I'm on the wagon too. Look out world!!The skinny person inside of me is dying to get out!!

Heather Palmer said...

Libby I can completely relate to where you are right now (though I think you look awesome from the photos I've seen). I am constantly struggling with this and am now at my 'point of no return' where I have got to get moving. It's keeping me from doing so many things (vacations, more babies, etc). I hate it. I will be tuning in for motivation! :) Do you love Turbo Jam? I'm having a hard time jumping on the treadmill these days. I love my outside walks here...but now that the rain is starting to come I'm starting to worry about what I will do. Anyway..let me know how you like it. I might have to invest.

Julie said...

I'm so with ya! Us Miller's really have some problems though hey? And yes, you totally are a hot tamale and i'm glad you recognize it! Anyhoo, what is turbo jam? Sounds fun. I want to try!!!

Nadine said...

Libby,

You are so beautiful and you may not think now that I have had strugles with weight nad motivation but I have. YOu are such a beautiful person and admire you. Too bad we werent miles closer. id go for a walk every day with ya. ;)

Jeni said...

ahha mom is funny. but good for you! I barely ate anything yesterday, does that count?!

Jeni said...

ahha mom is funny. but good for you! I barely ate anything yesterday, does that count?!

The RC Miller Clan said...

Lib, just for the record. I think you are gorgeous and I love your personality. And the fact that you like ME just makes me love you even more. You are perfect no matter what size you are! No lies man...truth, nothin but truth.