Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Bees, wasps and hornets.....oh my!

I am battling with bugs here in lovely Ontario! My kitchen swarms with fruit flys every so often (luckily Sean has the perfect trap), my backyard play climber has wasps living inside it and spider webs all over it that I have to break down when the kids go out to play, my front lawn garden has hornets living in the soil and there are spiders everywhere!!!


Yesterday I decided I needed to do a huge makeover outside on my yard back and front! So I weeded the entire lawn (and it ain't small) and garden bed getting it ready to mow today (please Sean!). This morning I weeded my front garden and lawn and destroyed the entry way for the mother hornet! While I was weeding the lawn I saw her come back with a massive grasshopper (dead) that she was traveling on! Oops...can't find her way in! I tried to wack it a few times with my shovel but she is too speedy! AH...why the battle! Can't we all live in peace? I wouldn't mind so much if they were just flies...but Drew was outside the other day and out of nowhere got stung by a wasp on his calf so I don't like the idea of Taylor climbing all over the slide with them hiding out!


It's a good thing these bugs don't scare me...they just annoy! This is one reason I can't wait for winter to arrive(the only reason!)


Ahhh...that was my vent for the day everybody...enjoy!

5 comments:

Krissy Marshall said...

Love your new hair cut!!
Love your new furniture.
Love your new basement space...gee what don't I love?

Lynne said...

That hornet would scare me!!I think you can get poison to kill them. Don't let them sting Tay! And the spiders, try to kill them all before I arrive please!!

Jeni said...

why dont you get an exterminator??
You should. We have ours come out and it rids us of everything. the only time I see them is dead!
Sucks, poor drewy got stung :(
well if you are sick of them there, you should come here for a visit... oh wait, you are! boya!!

Julie said...

Hate hate hate bugs! Call pest control. We've had pest control for years and it gives me such peace of mind! Right now I need to get them out to my house cause we have a huge wasps nest over our garage! Luckily no one has gotten stung yet!

Lynne said...

Try to get rid of those spiders before I come, OK?