Yesterday the boys opened the freezer and took a freezie out and Taylor caught sight of this and immediately started yelling that she wanted one too. When I took it out I asked her to say please and she refused. When I say refused I mean threw a fit! Take a look at typical Taylor these days...I hope I wasn't this bad mom!
This was post tantrum as happy as a clam...I think she was still mad at me though!
On to other things...Sean's Grandma Chloe (his dad's mom) died on Saturday and so he's heading to Calgary tonight to attend the funeral this week. The kids had the opportunity of visiting with her when we moved across the country last year and we stopped in Lethbridge briefly. It was a good visit and I'm glad they had that opportunity of remembering her that way.
Today it's a little dreary outside, tonight is the last night of soccer and the boys have a little tournament to finish off the summer. They're excited and I'll have to try and get some video footage of Drew...he's quite the little player! Brayden prefers to wander off and get stuck in the net (that happened last week).
I'm gearing up for a bunch of girls to stay here on Wed-Sat morning for Youth Conference. I probably won't see much of them since they have a dance every night of the conference but I'm happy to have some space to accommodate them!
We leave Friday morning, or Thursday evening when Sean gets home (haven't decided yet) for North Carolina to visit Brian and Robin and kids and we're so excited! Both of us are in need of vacation!
As for the kids they are doing great:) They remind me so much of my brothers and I when we were growing up at that age (not that I necessarily remember but...). Brian was always the know-it-all (Drew) and Danny the goofball (B) and I was the little princess either being played with or getting picked on (T)! Brayden and Tator are either the best of friends and he is making her giggle out of control...or they are the worst of friends and she is shrieking at him as he bugs her and pokes at her! I love watching both...and Drew is usually just doing his own thing!
Ah...the patience I'm learning as a mum...you can't learn these lessons anywhere else so I'm grateful for them I guess!
So this video was from Sean's Fireside last night. He was talking kind of from the skeptics view of Joseph Smith not being a prophet of God. Basically he set it up to prove that there was no way that he could have written the Book of Mormon in 60 days without divine intervention. He also told of a time when Joseph had received the gold plates and had to run a long way from the spot where he had them to his home. During which time he was attacked by many attackers and had to fend them off while holding these gold plates. They weighed 60+ pounds. Well I guess to prove his point he had everybody go outside and he had one of the missionaries act as JS. He had put together some marble tile and taped it all up as it was 60lb. Sean had set up a sort of obstacle course and he had to run with the 'plates' 3 laps and on the 4th lap all of us would chase him down and try to take the scarves that were hanging from his waist. This was obviously to show how impossible it would have been for an average 23 year old man to outrun these men while holding the plates. He challenged the Elder that if he could outrun them he would either give him his laptop or buy him an I-phone (not previously discussed with me)! This video footage is of the Elder completing his 3rd lap and then the 4th lap with everybody chasing him. I kept asking Sean "what if he would have done it? You really would have given that to him?" He said yes but that wasn't the point of the exercise...it wasn't possible and if it was then what was the point of the exercise? The missionary was wiped out after!
8 comments:
Libby, I am still laughing at that video of Taylor, she's hilarious, and you are pretty funny too as you calmly take her picture. I miss the kids so much! I told Dad some of the cute things they have been saying and I started to cry when I thought about how much I miss you guys.
I love that video of Taylor, but I love even more that you video taped it! I LOVE that and I have in my memory some of the same type things that have happened with my kids! Too cute! What a great idea with the missionary running with 60 lbs worth of marble. What is Sean's calling?
sean is always so creative. Go sean!!
Nat watched the tay video with me and when she asks for food she says "mmmm" and after she say that she couldn't stop... she wanted a freezy. (and BTW she says tay) Tay is hillarious though... dont you love those tempers? It is soo like she knows what to do but just wont do it. "hm, maybe if I whine a little more like this, she will think I really am sad?" ya right tay!
Ok first off Tay is beautiful! And she is hilarious! I love when they take it out on objects...like throwing a shoe or something. So funny!!
I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time...but it was funny to watch her being so stubborn. She is so cute, so not like you can stay frustrated for long, right!? :)
I love it even more because you stopped to tape it. :)
SOrry to hear about Seans Grandma. Give him my condolences. We sure love you guys, and we miss you!
Hey libby, this is Dan, I like your pics they are cool
I love your blog layout. It is so cute. It looks like you guys are doing well. I would be totally terrified of the bugs.
Can you believe that summer is almost over?! Cute pics of the kids. Hope you are enjoying your vacation
Post a Comment