Friday, July 25, 2008

Choo Choo on the new!!

This video is hilarious to me...Taylor is seriously waiting for the train to take off and so patiently at that...only to find out that it's only her brothers playing a game that soon turns on her! So many memories of myself with my brothers!





So I've been downstairs every night doing finishing touches so I'm exhausted! Tonight I put the baseboards up so that we can nail them in tomorrow, fastened some rods for drapes over the windows and put together a book shelf and hung a mirror! Doesn't sound like much but the drape rods were SO annoying I almost pulled them off the wall!



Tomorrow we're nailing baseboards, painting and calking all the trim and bathroom...hopefully pretty much finishing things up. My furniture comes next Thursday so pretty sure I'll be ready for it! Here are a few pics of almost done!

This is the piece of tile that I had to put in since Dan ran out of time (the long thing piece under the door...I think I did okay for my first time?)Can you tell how dirty my lens is? thanks to Taylor for that one!The left side of this picture turned brown for some reason...the shower curtain really is ALL white.This was actually a funny story...the other night I was talking on the phone and Taylor started bringing me books from the bookshelf as I was sitting there. When the phone call was done I had Drew take a picture because this is what I looked like...these were heavy suckers! It's her new favourite game...if only it included putting them back!

7 comments:

Lynne said...

let me be the first to say, B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-
Can't wait to see it with all your furniture and extra touches! You have done such a wonderful job!

Julie said...

That looks so great! I'm so impressed by your handy work but you are Steve's daughter so I shouldn't be surprised! Can't wait to see it ALL finished with furniture and all! Love the stack of books, by the way. That is hilarious!

Miller Time said...

Libby it looks so good and I'm sure you will love having all that room.

Marilee said...

Hey Lib, just doing some major catching up on all my blog reading! Your basement looks great! Can't wait to see it all done! Your kids are all so adorable. I can't believe how big they are getting! Time flies doesn't it?

Jeni said...

ok tay is funny, and I think she is starting to kinda look more like sean!!
remember when she fell down the stairs when they were NOT carpeted?
I cant wait for it to be done!!

Alysha Sladek said...

what a fun game ;) the basement looks great. good job. love the train, that's just too cute!

Becky said...

I wish our basement looked as good as yours!! Great job! We miss you guys out here.