Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The nightly pee

So last night, like most nights, Brayden showed up at the top of the stairs running in place, half asleep, obviously needing to go to the bathroom! Since he seems to be disoriented sometimes I ran upstairs to help him get to the toilet. Once he was sitting there he peed like I'd never seen or heard somebody pee in my life! In fact I think it took him by surprise as well because he started laughing hysterically! Sean and I were both thinking it was a little crazy like he was laughing in his sleep without knowing it...sure enough when he was done I said "Are you okay?" and he started pouting and just wanted to go back to bed. It was a total outer body experience for him I think...I'm sure he won't remember doing that either!

July 19
To back up a bit on Saturday we met some friends at a little farm about an hour from our house for the kids to ride the pony and see some farm animals. There were the cutest little kittens roaming around...seriously I'm not a huge fan of cats but if I could buy a kitten and have it stay that little forever? I'd totally be sold! So cute! Anyway...when we got there I soon realized that I had put Taylor in the car without shoes so she walked around in her bare feet the whole time. Luckily most of the place was grass so she was okay but I felt totally lame!

Sunday I spoke in church on sustaining our leaders. I actually learned a lot about it and talked about the change of authority from the Prophet Elijah to Elisha in the Bible. Every time I read it I choked up for some reason...anyway, learned to love that story and learned that besides Moses...Elijah and Elisha both parted the River Jordan to walk across on dry ground. So Sunday was busy busy as usual but we ended it with a good walk Sunday evening to the park and let the kids have some fun!

The boys had soccer yesterday and I've been working away in the basement getting things ready for the carpet on Thursday. There are a million little things to do when you're doing your own finish carpentry so step by step things are moving along! I can't wait to be done and send the kids downstairs to play...right now I'm in need of some more space for them! AH...am I the only mother who has kids that drive her up the wall? I love them but you know...AH! I just finished crying over a tile mishap that I won't go into...anyway they teach me patience and they teach me to laugh at life...over....and over...and over again!

7 comments:

Jeni said...

Tay looks soooo old to me. Why is she younger than nat but she looks super old! Cute dress by the way, the purp one.
In that first pic of drew on the horse, I honestly couldn't tell if it was drew or bray at first!

Julie said...

I'd really love to know the tile mishap and no, you're not the only one whose kids drive her crazy! They sure make life interesting though don't they?

Lynne said...

Cute picture of you Libby!, and of course the kids go without saying!

Alysha Sladek said...

kids sure make life interesting hey? it's all worth it though. looks like the farm was fun.

Alysha Sladek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hillary said...

I'm glad you commented on my blog so I could on yours. Your kids are so cute, and I love all the stories about them. I'm so glad you are doing well and that we were able to get in contact after so long! Don't you love blogs.

Nadine said...

Libby,

Sounds like you had a day with kids, tiles... Well hope it goes better. Your kids are so cute. Love that one with Tay and tryin to get a kiss.