For a quick basement update...my furniture is coming tomorrow so today I have to quickly touch up the white paint on the baseboards and trim and also the wall color. Not much...all the hard work is done (calking) and surprisingly without wrecking my nails! ha ha...sounds so dumb but seriously people...that was hard to avoid! I LOVE having a place to send the kids when I'm frustrated with them and I know they can't hurt anything!
Not much else new going on around here...Sean hasn't been on call since Sunday and he doesn't go on call again until Friday! I was saying to him last night it was weird to fall asleep with him beside me...almost like he's a visitor! It's been nice though.
Monday the boys went to soccer with Dad
and I met them there when it was almost over because I walked with Taylor in the stroller.
I ran part of the way and man am I out of shape!
My shins hurt so bad today! Brayden had to go to the bathroom during practice so I took him up to the outhouses, bypassing a LOT of bushes (which were in front of people so I didn't want him to just drop his pants!). Anyway...when I opened the door to the outhouse he stepped inside and says "Ooo...somebody forgot to flush!" with a disgusted look on his face...so we went and found a bush...I figure that was much cleaner anyway!
So the BYU-Idaho has a dance team called "Dance Alliance" and they came to Kingston yesterday to put on a show downtown at the Grand Theatre. We were asked to billet 4 of them so we bought tickets to the show and took the boys last night. I was anticipating something like "So you think you can dance" but did not get it! It was ok...lots of jive and swing and oldies kind of stuff...not really my bag baby! Anyway...Drew fell asleep and Brayden was really bored...we were sitting at the very top but every time a new dance came on he would throw his head backwards and moan and groan so we had to keep telling him to be quiet...although by the end of it we didn't really stop him! I kept waiting for Twitch (a dancer from "so you think...") to come out and do some crazy hip hop routine...sadly disappointed:( Anyway after all said and done, we go out to the foyer to pick up our dancers and somebody had taken me off the list to billet! So after all that we didn't even walk away with any dancers! After being a little ticked off I remembered that it made me finish calking my basement and now that was all done! Just looking for the positive!
Now I'm exhausted sitting here trying to remember things to say from our week! I'm counting down the days until we drive down to visit Brian and Robin and kids...so excited! I hope they're ready to have us for a week! It's gonna be crazy!
3 comments:
Ooooh! Fun that you're going to NC for a little visit! Sorry about the boring Dancing. That sucks! And way to look at the positive about your basement! I can't wait for mine to be done!
can't wait to swee the finished product!! How fun for Sean to coach the boys. i get home tomorrow, yea!! I miss dad a ton; Love you
hehehehe I love what you changed your comments thing to...people who love you. That's hilarious, mind if I steal your idea? that's funny. Maybe I would feel even worse than I do already b/c no one ever comments on my blog with the odd exception! you just need to make some huge announcement libby, then you'll get some comments!
Post a Comment