Last night we went with some friends downtown to see the first night of the Buskers! It's when all the strange street performers come out and play!!! Since our kids are still on Mountain time we stayed out late and had some fun (I guess I should start working on that schedule!).
So we came across this guys who juggled fire sticks and the kids had a fun time laughing at him and seeing his pants fall down to just his boxers.
Of course little boys thought that was hilarious! We saw some awesome fire dancers (I think the fire thing is a night must) and a guy who was trying to be houdini and get himself out of two big bags wrapped around him with handcuffs on. We finished it off with some white mountain ice cream YUM!
Today I feel totally lazy...haven't really gotten much accomplished except for the boys haircuts!
As you can see in the picture, Brayden wasn't too pleased by the end. He is always a little more sensitive to the razor and little hairs getting in his face so he was grumpy by the end of it! It's Sean's turn when he gets home...hopefully he isn't grumpy about it too!
As you can see in the picture, Brayden wasn't too pleased by the end. He is always a little more sensitive to the razor and little hairs getting in his face so he was grumpy by the end of it! It's Sean's turn when he gets home...hopefully he isn't grumpy about it too!
We're trying to get a babysitter tonight so we can go out without the kids...I'm feeling a little psycho today if I don't! Hopefully it all works out:)
On a side note...I have to brag a little about my Drew. His teacher Mrs. Calcafuoco stopped by the house yesterday to drop off some books that I had ordered for Drew and never got before school was out, and a thank you note for our gift that we gave to her. Anyway, I have to quote a small part of the thank you note..."Drew was such a joy to teach this year. He loves to learn and he loves to be challenged - a teacher's dream student!"
I think we all love hearing wonderful things said about our kids so I have to document that in case I lose this note. He's going into a Senior Kindergarden/Grade 1 split in the fall as he is the only kid in his class that can read pretty much anything! I'm not sure when it even started...he came home one day with a reading log that we were supposed to update whenever he read something so we started with "Go Dog Go" and the rest is history!
Brayden is starting Junior Kindergarden and we're keeping our fingers crossed that he gets Mrs. Calcafuoco...she is a gem!
7 comments:
It sounds like Kingston has a lot of fun things to do. I so wish I could have made it up there! Brayden's grumpy faces are so cute!
I can't get over how HANDSOME your little guys are and what a DOLL Taylor is! WOW! You make beautful babies! How many are you going to have anyway?? Well, I love that we can keep in touch with these blogs! I miss you!
Oh I want to see those street performers!!
The boys hair looks really cute, I love the shave! Drew is so smart lib... remember how you got to skip grade1?? he is in your footsteps.
Very cute haircuts, and fun activity with the family. I'm so proud of Drew and any teacher would love to have him as a student. Tell him and B and Tay that I love them. By the way, Dad sent you an e-mail with my US phone number. Good Idea to get the phone while down here in the US.
We loved the busker festival when we where in Halifax a few years back...it's an amazing talent those people have.
Wow I didn't know Drew was so into reading...good for him.
So much fun when your kids are doing so well in school. J is starting to want to read more and 'Go dogs Go' is a fav at our house too!
I love the pictures of the haircuts...they look cute with mohawks! I also wish I lived by you...I'm so stressed about sending Madi to school this fall. It would be nice to be able to put her in a school that I knew something about. :)
Post a Comment