Monday, July 14, 2008

Victory!!!

July 13

So now that the summer is in full bloom the bugs are out again! I've learned to ignore the spiders around here since they pretty much stay outside...but the fruit flies are a different story altogether! The other night we went out to visit Dad at the hospital and unbeknownst to me Brayden had left the deck sliding door wide open. Anyway, when we got home there were bug everywhere. Since then we haven't been able to kick the fruit fly problem! I tried putting all my fruit in the fridge which I don't like doing and making sure after every meal I clean up the kitchen...still didn't work, they just hang around and don't leave!!

Well yesterday when Sean got home from work he put together this contraption...


He figured that that flies can go in but not come out and you can't see it but there is a half eaten plum at the bottom to entice them. I wasn't completely sold on this product but when I checked it last night...wow! It's even better this morning...I'd say there are at least 50 flies in there! There still a few around my kitchen but hopefully they'll make their way in! There are a couple pictures in the album where you can see them trying to escape out of the tape...nice try suckas!

Yesterday was another busy day at church...I had sharing time, sunbeams, piano and I also played a piano solo in Sacrament. It's probably one of my favourite solos so far that I found so I really had fun playing it. Sean couldn't make it to church as the traumas kept piling in the night before and he just couldn't pull away...Taylor went to nursery in our branch for the first time and I only heard her scream once! Yay! It's a totally different church without her hanging around!

We had Brad Scott and his kids over for dinner later that afternoon and had a good time with him. One of the nicest guys around let me tell ya! Ended the night with a much needed presidency meeting with one of my good friends Maureen.

I'm still functioning on Mountain time I think..I can't bring myself to bed until about 100am every night! It's crazy!

This week I'll be working on the basement, little things with finishing here and there, retouching and re painting the doors and such. Some of our friends are coming over this weekend to help with baseboards and nailing so that it's all ready for carpet late next week! I can't believe we're already at that stage! By the end of the month we'll be playing down there so it's exciting!

3 comments:

saltysista said...

Oh my gosh...we had a horrible fruit fly problem just recently. It was so bad I couldn't stand to go into the kitchen. They are all gone now and I need to ask Dan how that happened! Good luck with getting rid of yours. That video is priceless! Hope Brayden was ok.

Krissy Marshall said...

We were having the same problem at our house...this morning I took the vac and sucked them up. I left it out all day, and if I found one I'd suck it up. it seemed to have worked for now!!

Jeni said...

fruit flies take forever to get rid of. i hate that. I want to knowhow he made that though. looks like a good idea! are you sure it wont bring more in though??
anyway, funny vid I was waiting for the teasing taylor moment and screaming... classic!