![]() |
| may 11 |
Well last week was Drew's play of "The Little Red Hen" that they have been working on all month at school. He was a pig as you can see! It was super cute, they had learned this song and each animal had their own actions and part of the song. I was proud of him, he wasn't as into singing as he was at his preschool christmas performance as some of you might remember (check Dec 2006 entry for the video) but he was happy and couldn't stop waving at me.
Sean finally came home from Belleville this week (Friday) and we were SO glad to have him back. We celebrated by going to Denny's...one of the easiest places to eat with 3 kids. The only thing is that Taylor has acquired this new scream that she likes to pull out when we're in public places like restaurants and it's the worst! She only does it for attention, you know the "look at me" syndrome. It literally sounds like a last dying scream...crazy! Saturday was spent running around ALL day getting the last few things for our basement before the drywall gets hung today (last minute framing, speaker wire, etc) and checking out some lighting and vanities which by the way is taking forever to find...the vanity that is. Sean was planning to make me Mother's Day dinner yesterday so the last place we went to was Costco for some food...I love Costco! The best fruit and veggies and frozen goods! I also found "The Magic Bullet" there and I've been needing to get some sort of food processor that wasn't too expensive so the Bullet was perfect! It's awesome too! Sean used it for practically everything that he made last night...very handy!
Sunday morning Sean's alarm went off early and I assumed it was for him to get up and make me breakfast but he rolled over and went back to sleep so I guess it wasn't...when I got up so did Drew and he ran into his room to get his present that he had made at school that had been hiding under his bed. It was a beautiful necklace that he had made and I proudly wore it to church yesterday. He also made me a paper flower/card with a little poem on it. So cute! So I took a shower and when I got out the 3 boys were waiting there for me with my favourite protein shake in hand! Yay, breakfast after all! Sean spoiled me this year and actually was able to surprise me with a gift which never happens! It was a GPS navigation system for my car! Woo hoo...I'm so excited to use it on our trips this summer and anytime I go to Ottawa or Toronto since I don't know my way around anywhere! Thanks babe!
The boys sang at church with the primary which sadly I couldn't see since I was on the piano, but they sounded great:) When we got home from church Sean made his way to the kitchen and literally did not leave or stop cooking until 500 when our company came over! He slaved ALL afternoon and it was SO worth it! He made the most amazing spread and gourmet meal. Roasted veggies on the grill, Grilled potato salad, pesto chicken pasta and peach champagne soup, followed by strawberry shortcake for dinner! Who is this guy? A couple of weeks ago he had no clue what he was doing in the kitchen and after a couple of cooking classes vavavoom!!! Everything was home made, he made ceasar dressing and pesto from scratch and it was amazing! By far the best meal I've ever had! We had a couple over who had no plans for dinner (their kids are with the grandparents so they were alone), one of my friends whose husband was away on business and her two kids and the missionaries...good thing too because there was plenty o' food! I definitely over ate but I deserve it right? Back to the grind today!
So now Sean is busy downstairs (has a few days off work) getting the wiring done before the work day starts around here! I'm looking forward to this next week and seeing the changes in the basement. I hope everybody had a sweet Mother's day and got spoiled!

6 comments:
i love the magic bullet. they're perfect for smoothies! sounds like a good mother's day! i'm impressed that sean made all that food and it looks realyl good!! glad you had a great day!
That meal sounds and looks so yummy!! I want to eat all of that right now! Glad you had an awesome Mother's Day!
OHHHHHHHHH nice sean, very nice! Sounds tasty. I will be expecting those when I come to visit, whenever that will be next! you may have a year to prepare!
LIbb, happy mothersday - I havn't looked at the pics yet but I hope there is a pic of the necklace!
Sean you can come to my house anytime and make me a gourmet meal! Don't get me wrong Steve can cook, but that sounds Divine!
Oh my gosh I have had a magic bullet for a few years and I must say that besides my bosch it is my fave kitchen tool! It is used a few times a day EVERY SINGLE DAY. Perfect for smoothies and making homemade salad dressing and milkshakes too!
Happy Mothers Day Libby. Sounds like you had a great day! The food looks delicious although I am not even close to eating but hopefully soon... Your kids are adorable. Have a great week.
Post a Comment