Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Busy boy and the hidden gum!

Well as you can see this first picture was from Sean's boy's night last Friday. He had a few guys over to play RISK! I have never played this and don't understand the game really...but they get pretty crazy! As soon as the game started a couple of the guys were already fighting over the rules and what rules one played by and the other didn't. I think normally Sean would have gotten right in there and defended his rules as well but being the host he sat back and let it play out! It was funny...I had made a bunch of good food and so I chowed down in the background all night...that suited me just fine! Anyway, Gabe is attending the Royal Military College in town and so he wore his whole army get up to the game...he was intense to say the least! Fun night though, I think it was good for Sean to relax a bit and have some fun time with his friends this time!
These pictures are from Sean's research project that he took yesterday I think. He's been busy for the past few months doing a research project on the way waste from the OR is discarded of. He's been super busy working on this and on Friday he is presenting it to the Faculty of Orthopedics so I'm really proud of him and excited. I know he'll impress to no end. Friday night there is a research dinner that we're going to together so that'll be fun to meet some of his colleagues again.

Here he is weighing the waste that would leave the OR . He did this daily for the past few months and had to collect the information at the end of each day. He used a fishing scale as you can see which proved to be quite effective! Anyway, I'm glad he found a project that he was passionate about because it ended up being a success for him.
Well this weekend was a great conference weekend. I was really looking forward to hearing the new prophet speak and the new apostle. Sean found some chords that would connect our laptop to the tv allowing us to watch like it was coming through the tv. It was actually a really great picture and sound so it was nice to watch from home again! For the past couple of years we've had to go to the church which I don't like as much because I can't really listen as I'm always chasing my kids or whispering for them to be quiet! Saturday I was able to watch both sessions and the boys actually sat and listened for quite awhile with me. I printed them off some conference activity work books which kept them interested for awhile. I was spiritually uplifted and glad that I took the time out of my day to watch. President Monson really sounded like a prophet and commanded the audience when he spoke, something I haven't noticed with him before. I missed hearing and seeing President Hinckley but glad that we have someone new to look to for inspiration.

In between sessions on Saturday I went outside to the front yard and raked all the dead grass and rocks and dirt away. My back and upper body was so sore the next day, but now the lawn looks ready to turn green so that's all that matters. I love when spring comes and I can get outside and ready the yard! I get such a feeling of satisfaction to cut the grass and clean up the crap that accumulates during the winter. The boys can go outside and jump on the trampoline which is good since every day they need to release some major wiggles! Taylor LOVES to be outside and I feel so bad for her right now because unless I can go out there with her I can't let her outside yet as the grass in the backyard is SO wet and slushy and muddy still. This morning when I looked outside it looked drier so maybe today she can walk around. She just loves it though...something about the fresh air and freedom I think!

I have to tell something funny about Brayden. He LOVES chewing gum...but lately I've learned that he doesn't like to chew it for very long. Anytime I buy gum I try to hide it because he will find it and literally eat the entire package. When Nana was here last the first morning she was here after breakfast she went upstairs and found things in her purse strewn throughout the room and her pack of gum was totally empty. The night before it was a brand new pack! I don't even want to know how much gum is in his stomach! Anyway...lately he has been chewing it just to get the initial fruitiness out of it and then he spits it out somewhere hidden so I can't see that he's eaten it. Usually I find little chunks of chewed gum when I'm vacuuming or cleaning, or I notice that my gum is gone and have to ask him. This is how the conversation goes:
Mom: Brayden?
B: um nuthin (the first indication that he is hiding something...they are so obvious)
Mom: Where is my gum?
B: I don't know
Mom: It's okay Bray, I know you chewed it, can you just show me where you put it?
B: Ok
He then walks to the most obscure corner of the house, in a tree, in a garbage can, behind the couch to find it for me. Sometimes I think he completely forgets where he's put it because he keeps telling me he doesn't know and I'll end up finding it later, or stepping in it, or Taylor eats it. It's like kids know where to look for things that us parents don't. She is always finding gum that has been chewed! I just thought that was funny...keeps me on my toes!

A couple things to say about tv...if anybody watches Dancing with the Stars I have to say that this season is awesome don't you think? Almost everybody left is really good, except maybe Adam Corrolla and they keep it interesting! I have to say though, what's with Edyta always getting the buff hot guys? I think they pair her with men like that for the sex appeal...the audience loves it! It's all for the show!
Also, Bachelor last night? I have to say that I do NOT like Robin and hope she goes soon! So annoying!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Funny little Brayden!!

Jeni said...

Sean,

That is awesome that you had a RISK night. We should totally play that next time we are all together. Do you play missions or do you just try to conquer the world? What kind of waste were you collecting in the OR's? Good luck with the project.

Newby

Jeni said...

OK newbs... you are a nerd!! haha ok one time he was playinng with his brothers and they got into such a fight for about an hour that one brother left saying he was going to walk the who knows how long home... anyway Brian went after him and they ended up crying and coming back. ahhh risk, I opted to not play with them last time. too much drama.

It is like the kids have this different veiw than us, that is how they find the things we dont. and bray is hillarious with that story! He is sooooo funny.

Tom said...

Sean,

Interesting study, I used to be a surgical aide and so am very familiar with surgical waste,tool sanatation, and clean up.

Also Risk is Awesome! Have you ever played Axis and Allies? It would take a little more planning since it takes at least 4-6 hours to finish a game.