Friday, March 21, 2008

Maple syrup day

This was a couple weeks ago when we went out to our good friends (Lalonde's) house to help them with tapping the maple trees for syrup. Sean was the smart one and put on snow shoes and took the boys on a sled...I was behind holding Taylor on my shoulders, no snow shoes, and falling into the snow up to my knees...(I had no idea it would be so deep). Needless to say, by the time I made it out to the forest where they all were I was exhausted! It was a beautiful day outside but very deep snow! So they live on about 100 acres and this year they were tapping 100 trees for syrup. Once they fill a can (when the sun helps the syrup to run) they boil it and it's 100% natural maple syrup! I haven't tried any yet but Sean said it was delicious. Anyway, just a few pictures of our day out there!
This is their barn where they keep their chickens for egg collecting.
While making my way out to the spot, I took this picture...in the spring and summer and fall this pathway is gorgeous with the leaves on the trees making a canopy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Thats sounds so fun TO VIST. I would never want to live there and have to collect eggs. I cant believe growing up I always WANTED dad to have chickens so I could collect the eggs.