Sunday, March 16, 2008

No pictures but I need to write

So no pictures today but I'm sitting here going through everybody elses blogs and feel like I need to write something for myself! First of all...mom, you finally posted pictures! I actually deleted your blog off of my favourites list because I was sick of checking it and seeing pictures from September of last year! I guess I'll have to add you back on...as long as you keep this up!

My mom is coming to visit tonight and we pick her up at the train station around 8pm so we're really excited and the boys can't stop talking about it! They wanted to play with Sampson after church but when I reminded them that Nana was coming they threw that idea out the door pretty fast! Speaking of church...today I was alone with the 3 kids (Sean was working) and I'm so tired right now...I can feel a tension headache coming on and I know it's from holding Taylor for practically the whole 3 hours! She is teething right now I think (finally) and so she is a bit miserable today:( Now she is sleeping so hopefully it rejuvenates her a bit. It's still a little bit icy in our parking lot at church and high heels definitely don't help! I couldn't get home quick enough to change into my sweatshirt and sweats and crack open my diet coke! I'm looking forward to laying down for a bit, I have to make myself do it but I think today I will for sure!

So I'm trying to remember what all has gone on this week. Drew is on March break but we haven't really done anything too exciting, sounds sad I know. Sean has been on call a lot this week so going out by myself with the 3 of them only happened a few times. They came to the gym with me a few times this week which was fun and rewarding for me...I had my measurements taken since the last time I had them done which was back in August 07. The results were awesome...many many inches lost from every area which was uplifting for me! I've been feeling lately like I'm kind of at a stand still where my body is concerned so that motivated me to push through it and continue to get more results. I have another test in 3 months so I'm striving to have even better results then! I also took the kids to Costco which they love and I do too. Don't you just think it's hilarious though when people are walking out of Costco with one thing in their carts? How do they do it? I get pulled in every time and end up buying so many things! One guy came out with a huge cart and all he had in it was a bag of milk! Now why go to Costco for that? I just don't get it! Maybe that's my problem! ha ha...No actually I'm a lot better, I do mostly get what I came for (fruits and veggies) because they come in huge serving sizes and last longer than the ones from the local grocer usually. The same things entice me every time though (bakery, frozen foods section) and I continue to go back, I guess it shows me some self control right?

Yesterday we stayed home for the first part of the day and completely cleaned out our basement and boxed all the kids toys up and rolled up the carpets. My dad and Sean are framing this week down there so they need it completely clutter free. I realized that it'll now be like that until we're finished...I guess when we take the toys back out the kids will be pretty excited since they won't be playing with them for a few months now! I'll take some before pictures for sure because it'll be a huge transformation! I'm really excited in case you can't tell! Sean also did a recycling run with our huge pile of boxes that have been sitting in our garage since we moved here almost 7 months ago! That is nice to clean out finally! Then last night we went out with some good friends to the movie "10,000 BC". It was pretty good...interesting to see somebody's viewpoint of what life must have been like back then, running around in a loin cloth with a spear in hand! The love story was sweet in it so that drew me in too. Then we went to dinner at a cute place downtown "The Copper Penny". It was fun, I always love a good weekend out! We've been really blessed here to have such awesome babysitters (Emily and Phil) so it enables us to go out frequently. Personally we need that and it's nice to have our own time when the long days take over with the kids.

Well this is a super long post, mostly for me when I can look back at my week but it might interest some readers I guess! I'll be back with some basement pictures this week!

4 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

I'm glad you got a night out. That's awesome! How fun to have your mom coming too!! I hope you have a great week!

Jeni said...

SOUNDS like a fun night, I had heard that movie was kinda lame... so good to know you kinda liked it.
I am sooooooooooooooooo jeleous that mom is out there..ok so I just had her, but I miss you guys all so I always wish she was here, along with everyone else!
NICE on the weight loss/inches off.. that is rad lib! I cant wait to see you!

tlr said...

Have fun with your mom and dad! I know what teething is like we are doing the same with C right now and it sucks!! As for the inchs WAY TO GO GIRL!! Stand stills suck, but you can do it!

houseofhud said...

The Costco thing...I totally know exactly what you are talking about. I love Costco and I find myself there at least once a week. Hope the basement development goes quickly!!!