Sunday, January 06, 2008

Annoying people, The V, and Monday comes

Well we made it home in one piece yesterday! The flight was great other than the woman sitting in front of me who reclined her chair about 5 min into the flight for the entire 3 1/2 hour flight. Of course she knew that I had Taylor on my lap so I encouraged Tay to kick her chair the entire time! That's right...don't mess with a mom with 3 kids...you're not going to win! Anyway I have to say that I have amazing traveling kids and am very grateful for that...they are awesome. When we got to Toronto we made our way to the baggage claim which is in a secure area before I could see Sean so there was nobody to help...which was fine...just more of a challenge. Right when I paid for my luggage cart (2 bucks) Brayden had to go to the bathroom...so I asked the woman beside me to make sure nobody stole my cart and took the kids to the bathroom. Once done with that we make our way out to the baggage and everybody is still waiting for their luggage to appear and all 6 of my huge duffles are already coming around. That is one thing that I have when I travel...the best luck with luggage! Anyway so everybody watched as I pulled 6 big duffles off right after each other, while at the same time the boys have their hands on the turn style and Brayden gets his finger caught so he starts crying. Taylor is sitting by herself in the stroller behind me. I'm hot and sweaty at this point of course but still nobody asking to help. So I try my best at putting my tetris skills to work and build up a tower of luggage on my little cart and stroller. Still no help...so I tell Drew to pull the stroller while I push the tower and hold Brayden's hand. So we made our way to the double doors, teetering and slowly, with still nobody asking to help...I was SO happy to see Sean's waiting arms on the other side! Oh ya...also while making our way out to the parking lot I was pushing the tower and Sean was up ahead pushing the stroller with all the kids and my whole load tumbled over. There was 2 people following close behind me (a couple in their 40's maybe) and they tried their best not to walk on top of me as they past me by without even a hesitation to see if everything was okay. I guess I"m not surprised at this point. Where have the nice people all gone? They're definitely not in TO!
So we're back and loving to be home! I woke up this morning (still functioning on Calgary time) and could not crawl out of bed to get to church at 900! Hopefully next week the jet lag will be gone! Sean was on call today so we all helped and cleaned up all the Christmas stuff (totally crusty hey Jeni?). It feels so good to have things cleaned up and ready to start a new week! Drew is pumped for school tomorrow and I can't wait to kick my butt at the gym!
The best surprise of all was when we got home and as Sean opened the garage door, he kept saying that he had gotten me something small for Christmas so I wasn't expecting much and when he opened the door I saw a tennis ball hanging from the ceiling for my car to touch and know where to stop in the garage! I was so excited until I saw this big black thing hanging on the wall...I had no idea what that was until he got closer and I saw the most amazing present ever! Central vac! My vacuum has been broken for months and is the most frustrating thing to see me vacuum...the plug only works 2% of the time and so I would sit there for 10 min and plug and unplug the stupid thing until it turned on...then one of the kids would run by and simply touch the cord and all would be lost! Anyway...regardless...I"m still on a vacuum high! This is the first vacuum that I've had that actually leaves lines in my carpet! AH...Okay it's a little crazy to be this crazy over a vacuum but I expect that you people that like to vacuum know what I'm talking about!
Well I guess I should start going to bed early so that I can get rid of this jet lag...Drew wouldn't go to sleep tonight until 1030...hopefully he wakes me up in the morning!

9 comments:

Lynne said...

fun christmas present!! Sorry about the people in the airport. I wonder what must go through their minds when they see a mother with 3 kids all alone? Didn't their mother's every teach them?

Emily said...

I know how you feel about the people in the airport! I am constantly struggling with getting Jordyn (in her wheelchair) and the kids through doors in public places. (I always wonder why more stores don't have the handicap button on doors) Sometimes people will just stare probably thinking "Wow, she has her hands full!"
But, I have to say, we have had our fair share of people who come running to help... it's usually men too, which is surprising! haha

Jeni said...

Oh sis, I am still trying to adjust to time. sad I know.
I hate people who dont help, i really dont get it, you just always have to make sure you help eh? we will change the world! congrats on the new vac! that is excitging. i have never had a line maker either :( one day!

Alysha Sladek said...

what is it with people??? it's really quite sad. i'm such a geek, but i LOVE carpet lines!! that's a wonderful present!!! glad you made it home safe

Heather said...

Those people totally sound like the people Julie encounters in Chicago on a regular basis. I don't know how people can be that rude and ignorant. I totally would get that excited about a vacuum. You should have seen me when I got my Dyson. What is it about a good vacuum that is so satisfying?

Melinda Palmer said...

You are a trooper! I think I would have lost it. Moms can do anything I think!!

tlr said...

Some people uh! When things like that happen to me and my 3 I just shake my head and think what the heck! I try and help others out when I can...ie don't have 3 kids in tow...even then I make sure I hold a door open...

Heather Palmer said...

Ok seriously...that is exactly what happens to me EVERY time I fly with my kids! It's ridiculous! HELLO PEOPLE - WHERE ARE THE MANNERS? The best is when people watch me hold a sleeping toddler, and try and control a cranky 5 year old while trying to pull my double stroller off of the gate-check cart...it always amazes me that noone offers to help!
Anyway...so I feel for you.
I'm excited for you about the vacuum - there is nothing better than freshly cleaned carpet with the soft lines of a super-sucker! Yey for you!!!

Julie said...

That story about arriving home is total Deja Vu! Seriously...check out my archives and its one of my very first blog entries. Almost the exact same thing happened to us one time when we were coming home from CA. Its a midwest/east coast thing. Wow. I'm getting angry all over again! Sorry you had to experience the rudeness...but congrats on your central vac. Exciting!