Well I was super excited starting this week at 15 weeks pregnant, looking forward to all my doctor's visits and upcoming ultrasounds. On Monday my doctor couldn't find a heartbeat at the office, wasn't too worried about it but sent me for an ultrasound anyway to make sure everything was okay. I wasn't worried about it at all, I thought that happens sometimes with the little Doppler that they use, the baby hides or something. Anyway at the ultrasound, luckily Sean was able to leave work for a bit and come and join me because I ended up needing him. On the U/S they couldn't find a heartbeat and the baby looked small for 15 weeks gestation. I have had a feeling lately that something was wrong, I didn't feel like I was growing the way I should be at this point. I couldn't quite remember at what point my belly really grew when I was pregnant with Taylor but this just didn't seem right. My suspicions were correct when my Doctor called me yesterday afternoon and confirmed that the baby was no longer alive. It's sad when your future has included a new child and all of a sudden it changes, just like that! I'm not sure how I feel about it quite yet, I question the Lord's intentions, I can't help it, I think it's a human response. It's easy to think that something was wrong and it's the bodies way of getting rid of it...but it's hard not to feel guilty in some way. I'm glad I have Sean to go through this with and have someone by my side with the same feelings as me and who can sympathize with me.
Tomorrow I have my D&C scheduled which I'm a tad bit nervous for but I'm sure everything will go as planned. It's also Drew's birthday party tomorrow night so Sean will probably take care of that and continue the party at ChuckECheese. We're headed off to Toronto this weekend for some much needed down time and also to check out the Toronto Home Show. We have plans to develop our basement this year and so it's always fun to check out some cool ideas.


I don't have many pics of the kids, I tried to take some this week but my skills are just not like yours Heath, nor are my kids as cooperative! Anyway, try to enjoy! These two pics are at church on Sunday when we were taking pictures of the kids in baptismal clothes for a collage we're doing. They're supposed to be pointing at the Savior.


13 comments:
Oh Libby, I'm soooo sorry!! I hope your'e doing alright given the circumstances!! Don't worry about the D&C, they're not fun, but it's over pretty fast (from what I remember). My heart goes out to you.
libby i was so sorry to hear about what happened. My thoughts and prays are with you. We love you and hope everything goes smooth today for.
I love you sis! like I said I wish I was there with you :(
But bray looks so grown up in those pictures! and I love tays new dress!
I'm so sorry Libby. I know how difficult that is.
Libby I am so sorry! I wish I could say something to make you feel better - I love you!
Happy 5th Birthday to Drew!!! You are good to have the party on the day of! I don't think we are having Brooklynn's until next week, it is to hard when Daddy can't be there to help and this week is just no good for that!
I'm so sorry to hear that Libby. I don't know what you're going through, so I know anything I say doesn't really count, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Libby I am sorry to hear about the baby. my thoughts are with you & your family. Wish I could be there to comfort you in some small way.
Love Krissy
Libby & Sean
So sorry to hear about the loss of you baby. Its so hard to understand why these things happen...Your family is in my thoughts and prayers
Libby, So sorry to hear about your loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we hope everything goes smoothly for you today.
So sorry to hear the bad news Libby. (I actually didn't even know that you were expecting). Hope all went well today. We're thinking of you.
Hey Lib,
I'm glad you get to get away this weekend. It will be good for you. Love you lots, wish I could have come for a few days.
Love Mom
I'm so sorry Libby. I'm sad for you and Sean. :( I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm so sorry Libs!! I Love you. I wish I were there to help out in some way! You're in my prayers!
Post a Comment