Friday, December 14, 2007

Busy weekend

Well I've had so much to do and plan this week I can't believe that the weekend is finally here! Last night Sean and I attended his christmas party for the Orthopedic residents and Staff at one of the Staff doc's homes downtown. It was a gorgeous old 3 story house totally renovated. The Christmas tree was perfectly decorated with a million ornaments and looked like it hadn't been touched! Of course I'm not sure I'll ever have a tree like that...mine looks a bit disheveled each day that gets closer to Christmas! Anyway it was nice to meet people that Sean works with every day and put a face to a name (even though I won't remember most of their names). We're the only residents I believe that have kids...and 3 at that! Most people are shocked and always say "you must be busy" and "what were you thinking...you probably never see eachother!". We of course don't look at it that way and love having our big family and feel like we see Sean a lot so I guess that will always be the natural response from people. On our way to the party we were walking downtown after purchasing a gift for them and the clock tower struck 700 and chimed. It was a cool thing to hear, but really weird. It really felt small town since I dont even think there is a clock tower in Calgary! I'm really starting to love it here though, it's a neat feeling shopping downtown...it feels like a winter wonderland and a little Santa village with the trees all decorated and the stores all having lights. The lamp posts are either red or green (the light) and there is a skating rink in the middle of downtown in market square that people skate on all night long. It's really fun. I'll have to take some pics.

So today I'm busy making sugar cookies and then it's off to the dollar store to find some decorations for the primary party tomorrow. We're making ornaments and decorating sugar cookies so it should be fun for the kids. I also have to bring two dishes to the ward christmas dinner tomorrow night so I'll be cooking today!!(maybe I'll have to do the costco stop...hmm) I'm giving a talk on Sunday and of course I haven't really cracked the books for that yet...AH, can't wait until it's over
This picture I took of Drew was on Sunday. It's to go in his ornament that he's making tomorrow. Brayden will make one too but I haven't taken a picture of him yet.
This was one of the door hangings that I made yesterday. They were so much fun and thanks to mom for giving me the idea! I loved making it and can't wait for next year. They are great gifts too!
They are so anal about shoveling snow here on the neighborhood roads! I think since I've been sitting here working this morning, a snow shovel truck has been past my house no less than 10 times. This morning I was woken up to someone in a bobcat shoveling our driveway...you'd think they could wait until at least 8:00 to do that...it was SO loud! Good think Taylor's room isn't facing the front of the house. She has been waking up lately in the middle of the night and then first thing in the morning (when she usually sleeps so I can work) and it's killing my head! Lack of sleep triggers my headaches so I've had a rough couple of days around here.

Can't wait to go back to Calgary next Wednesday! It's getting so close and I can't wait to see my family and friends!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

wait, you are getting there wednesday?? i thpught thurs!?
libby, are you the only one in your ward doing anything for christmas? you sound super busy!

tlr said...

sounds like you are getting into the whole Christmas Spirit! Have fun when you get back into town!