![]() |
| Santa claus parade 2007 |
Tonight we got all bundled up and went downtown to the Santa Claus Parade and had a lot of fun, froze...but had fun nonetheless! The kids were troopers and stuck through it because we told them that as soon as we saw Santa we could go and get Timbits...of course he was at the very end and the parade was about an hour long and SO slow...obviously I haven't been to too many parades so I was impatient! Oh by the way I have to mention that I had to use my old camera tonight as my new one needed a new battery, hence the crappy pictures that I had to add light to so they all look totally fuzzy and sick! You get the idea though!
It was fun though and definitely felt like something a small town would do. I just realized that I don't think I've ever been to any parades in Calgary...growing up in a city and being there your whole life it just doesn't seem as fun it seems? I'm going to start doing that though, it's fun to get out and see the City and be involved in the fun activities that make that City.
Last night we got together with some couples and went to play Pool at a place called Raxx! Hmm...interesting...but it was fun actually...I realized that I'm actually the bomb at Pool and had so much fun schooling everbody that was playing with me...I can't remember how young I was when I first learned how to play, nor do I remember getting taught (although it was probably Brian who taught me) but I love it! You get such satisfaction from sinking a ball that you set out to sink in a particular hole...especially when you sink extras that you didn't mean to! ha ha...anyway then we went bowling after that to glow in the dark and it was teenybopper night! So fun though, bowling brings out the muscles in my legs that I didn't know I had and cramps up my hand :(...oh ya and I suck! I was SO tired and realized that I"m such an old lady now getting tired at 1000pm...what's with that? Remember the good ol' days of pulling all nighters? that second wind? it doesn't exist anymore...I wish it did when my baby wakes up in the middle of the night screaming for no apparant reason! AH
Today I turned the house and kids over to Sean while I locked myself in my room and had a bath...something I never do...I always forget that I have a bath...so today I used it and you can actually fill up the entire bath with HOT water, something I couldn't do in my last house! Anyway of course I only get half the way through before Brayden comes running in so that he can play in the water and splash me repeatedly. Has anyone ever had an uninterrupted bath that was 100% relaxing and alone? Oh the life of a mom! I'm just glad Drew and his neighbor friend didn't pop in for a visit...that would have been interesting to explain! So that made my afternoon and evening a bit better...I needed it SO bad!

4 comments:
i remember the all nighters, and we cant do them anymore because for one we get sick when we do and 2, we know we have to get up with the kids in the morning, no sleeping in like we used to.Ok that picture of bray looks sooo cute, what an old man he is!
I love parades. we went to Maceys Day in NYC for Thanksgiving and it was fun and the first one I had been to too! I love them!
Cute pictures of the kids. It looks like a fun night out. We can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks!!
I used to love parades! But now as an adult...I HATE them. We went to the Cardston parade this summer...and boy was i bored! I think after seeing the DIsney parade they will all suck! However...all kids care about is the anticipation of the next float, or the candy being thrown...so we do what we must, and we take them! :)
I'm so with you on the bath thing! Even when Gannon keeps the kids entertained so I can RARELY indulge in a quiet, hot bubble bath...within 5 minutes I have too kids in the room splashing and stealing my bubbles.
I have 3 words for you GIRLS-SPA-WEEKEND!
PS!Cute pictures!
Post a Comment