It's so peaceful and the air smells so good, even the smell of cattle I love (not at the ranch, but usually in southern Alberta). Anyway, the boys had so much fun seeing the horses. When we got there Dad had a little BBQ on one of his tri-tip BBQ's (hot dogs, potatoes, chips, potato salad), but a small one but good. It's been years since I had a hot dog and I have to admit, it was good! Then Grandad took Drew on the quad for a spin around the property and up to the horses
...he was all smiles! Then Sean and I took a spin, the last time we rode that was once when we were dating years ago...it was fun reminiscing! So Sean had never seen the spot that is the potential "cabin" spot so we hiked through the forest up to the small clearing that looks over the valley!
On the way Drew was educated on all the different piles of poop left by deer, elk and moose! Grandad insisted that he pick one up and touch them. Drew kept saying "look, nuts!" I'll have to be careful he doesn't try to eat one!
This picture is one of the trees that was eaten by the Moose. There were a bunch that looked just like this!
Brayden insisted that I carry him up the whole way through the trees and it was quite the work out! He is not a small boy anymore! Once at the top though he liked to wander around a bit and feel all the tall grass around him.
When we came back to the tractor the boys had to ride in it and so Grandad took them for a ride over to the horses becuase he had to pick up some steel gates that were near the fence.
It was so cute, when he got out of the tractor he was holding Brayden and walked over to the gate to try to move it and all 6 horses were surrounding them. Brayden's heart was probably beating so fast but he was so excited to be that close! That kid is definitely my fearless one! He's so into hitting right now I'm surprised he didn't take a smack at Sunny-D! It started to rain a bit so we left Dad and Jordan Wood (helping him) to their work and headed home! SO much fun...I"m so grateful we have a place like that to take our kids to. Just to get out of the City into the peacefulness is good for them I think.
That afternoon I took Drew to "Over the Hedge" and Dad stayed home with Brayden and slept. The movie was okay, but I have to say that I'm just waiting for the next "Shrek" to come along that is just as funny...so far these other animated movies haven't cut it!
5 comments:
i had no idea that jordan still lived here! does he help your dad out lots? I think it would be fun for the adults( you guys and us) to go out four wheeling one night and have a BBQ, that would be SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!! what do ya say.
Libs I think taking the boys out to the ranch is so good for them. It might just keep them out of trouble once they start to get older. I would love to have a cabin in the mountains with horses to ride too!@!
Wow your picture on the quad totally made me crave it. My dad has some and I've ridden them ONCE. Mostly because the guys each take one and go for weekend trips in the mountains where NO girls are allowed. HA! Anwyay..very cute pics. Looks like it was a fun day on the ranch! And seriously...make sure Drew is aware that those nuts aren't going to taste like almonds!
OH the ranch looks sooo pretty - AND I LOVE HOTDOGS... baseball games on dollar hotdog night... so good. I cant believe the boys wern't scared of the horses.. NICE!
You guys are so lucky to have a place like that to go to. Looks like fun. Hopefully Drew doesn't get the poop.
Post a Comment