Monday, May 29, 2006

Series of unfortunate events...

Well I've been away from my beloved computer and now I'm back! I'll try to give a little recap to my weekend...
Early Friday morning at 5:00am I awoke to some pain in my abdomen...not thinking much of it I went to the bathroom and sat there for much longer than anticipated! My pain continued to get worse until it was into my back and all the way up to my sternum. I tried to stand up and it took me about 5 min just to walk from my bathroom back to the bed to wake up Sean. I couldn't pick my legs up to walk...for all you mother's out there...imagine a contraction at its worst that doesn't let up and also has stabbing knives poking you as well! Anyway, after some investigation (and by that I mean hardly anything because I wouldn't let him touch me) Sean decided we had to go to the hospital. Long story short...I had a cyst about the size of a large egg on my ovary that had ruptured and the fluid had caused all the pain in my abdomen and back. So they admitted me to the hospital overnight to monitor and give me some rest from my kids...which hardly happens since I HATE hospital beds and don't get any sleep anyways! Luckily Sean is working on OBS/GYN right now and so when I was in the ER he was paged to go and see me...to the doctor's surprise he was already there and it was his wife! I have to say I was seen quite expedited becuase of that. No residents or med student (except for Seany) so that was speedy. Saturday morning she came and found me down the hall watching tv (to get out of my stuffy room) to discharge me and give me my orders! Very nice doctor and so I have to send big thank you out to Dr. Robert (said "Ro-Bear)...she was awesome! Anyway...off to blood work today and hopefully everything will start to even out and get back to normal. I'm loving all this help though...last night I monitored Sean as he cleaned up my main floor before going to bed as I'm not supposed to lean over and pick up things! That was one of my favourite moments of the weekend! I've been waiting for Sean's turn to do things around here! ha ha
It's been tough trying not to pick up Brayden but Sean's been good at helping out! My Relief Society Pres told me she would get some meals in for me until Wednesday which is nice...not having to worry about dinner! Thanks RS!
So yesterday we went out to my parents house for dinner (lobster/steak...thanks mom!) and right as we were sitting down to eat we couldn't find Brayden! We looked in every room of her house and every nook and cranny and no Brayden! I wasn't too worried becuase where could he possibly go? So I walked into the study and looked outside to see if the garage door was opened and maybe he got outside through there...only to see him outside on the driveway, inside my dad's trailer trying to climb up onto the quad! That kid is fearless...not only was it cold outside but he was stuck inbetween the quad and the side of the trailer...I have no idea how he even got inside that? So after being worried it gave us all a good, nervous...laugh!!!
Yesterday was my singing recital and sadly I wasn't able to sing. I've been working really hard on a song from the Opera "Carmen" and was so excited to sing but becuase I haven't been able to use my tummy muscles I wasn't able to do it! AH...so sad...I'll have to sing it for you mom when I'm feeling better! I did however go to the recital as I'm also the accompaniest and couldn't really bail on all of the students. Sitting at the piano wasn't too bad for me so that worked out fine. Cute recital though...I love seeing the young talent in kids from cello to piano to voice! I can't wait for my boys to do all of that!
Not much else this weekend except that I got a little break from work which was a nice break!
Did anyone see X3 this weekend?

8 comments:

Krissy Marshall said...

Oh my gosh Libby. That has got to be the scarriest thing ever. I'm happy that you are doing better and that you had your husband to help out at home and in the hospital. I'll drop off some food to you this week so you can continue to take it easy.
Love Kris

Jeni said...

Lib- I wish I could have been there to help out... and B - what a GOOSE!!! PS... the pain of cysts.... I KNOW - KILLER!

Lara said...

Brutal Libby... hope you're feeling better now. I've had 2 ectopics so I can relate.

Jen, Ryan, Tiernan, Rowan and Caelan said...

That was a rather crazy weekend you had. I was thinking about you yesterday, hope you're feeling better. I'd try to keep the help coming though...haha! I posted a swimming pic on my site. The boys are cuties!

Jen, Ryan, Tiernan, Rowan and Caelan said...

Let me know if I can help out. Tiernan loves B, he keeps asking to get together with him again!

Fernandez Family said...

Geez Libby...I'm having sympathy pain for you! Good to hear that you are doing better. I love that Sean can be your doctor - something funny it in all. If you get tired of RS casseroles and need a Wendy's burger...call me!

Julie said...

Libby! That sucks. I've had ovarian cysts that have caused pain but none that have ruptured! OUCH! I'm glad you're feeling better. :)

Heather Palmer said...

Hey...I'm glad you are okay! I wish I were around to help out. Keep taking it easy!!!
My brother saw X3 last weekend and loved it!