Monday, May 22, 2006

The Knight and his Sword

Well let me try to sum up my weekend, even though it's not quite over thanks to today! I love holidays, finally some time where Dad can be home with us!
So Friday Sean was on call and I had to go out...Sometimes knowing that he's not coming home until the next day makes me so lonely all day and I have to remedy that by doing something for myself. So Grandma and Grandpa came over and Sheri (Sean's sister) and I went up to Westhills for "The Davinci Code". I have to say that I love Westhills, seriously, they have reclining chairs and HUGE theatres and there is always plenty of room. Crowfoot is just craziness these days I hate going there on opening weekends, and usually on weekends at all! I liked the movie, people keep saying that the book was way better, but isn't it always? That's becuase you have time to read it and the details and the movie has to squish everything into 2-3 hours. They did a really good job though with the time they had. So we didn't really have time to go out to eat after, but at least I got my movie popcorn which I LOVE!
Saturday Sean got home at 900 and had an hour of sleep before we had to go to swimming class at the YMCA. Being the good Dad that he is, he took Brayden in the pool this time and had a great time. There was only one mom in the pool, the rest were all dad's! I love to see that...Brayden did awesome too...he even got used to the slide and would do it all by himself. I tried to take a picture but it was kind of dark and my zoom wasn't working all too well.
We got the usual timbits for the boys which is their favourite treat and Quiznos for me and Dad YUM! Went to Walmart to get Drew a helmut (spiderman of course). Grandad said he needed one if he wanted to ride the quad with him today so we made sure that was purchased! Later than night my cousin was having a mexican fiesta for his nephew (Craig Steele) who is leaving on a mission and so we headed out to their gorgeous house in Bearspaw and celebrated with way too much to eat. The kids had a blast on the trampoline and makes me really want to get one. Dad says not until we move though...so here's to 5 years!
Sunday was same old...the boys had a good ol' time in the nursery (which I'm so thankful that Brayden can go to now) and I had to play piano in the primary for 2 hours. That has to be the most boring calling! I'm glad I'm the Choir Director! Speaking of...choir practice was okay, many people were away for the weekend so I only practiced for a half an hour. Then Dad came over for dinner around 700 (since Mom is still in NC) and we had the best pulled BBQ pork ever! I found a new recipe for my crockpot and it was divine! I love crockpots...they do the work for you...you just have to set the table! That's my way of cooking!
Today will be fun...Drew can't stop talking about going out to the Ranch to see the horses and ride the quad! We haven't been out there for awhile so it should be fun since its gorgeous outside today! I'll try to take some pictures for everybody!
Well now that my boring weekend is all summed up there is not much else to say except I'm dying of sleep right now and feel like a walking zombie! Sometimes Drew kills me when he won't go to bed on time! Last night he wouldn't fall asleep until 11:30...I did let him stay up to watch a bit of "The Chronicles of Narnia" with us only becuase he wouldn't go to sleep...I only wish he would make up for late nights by sleeping in...but no he was up at 6:00 am with a smile! Gotta love kids...what am I going to do when I have a baby in my room that has woken me up all night long!


This is Drew's new sword that he got at Walmart. He's been asking for one for a long time so that he can have sword fights with his cousin Liam. Yesterday he came upstairs with the sword down his underwear like a sheath...so hilarious!



Here is a picture that I took of Drew sleeping on Saturday afternoon...I wish I could sleep anywhere like that!















Here is Brayden with Grandad...he has really taken to him this weekend!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

NICE POST LIB.. very impressed!!! SOUNDS SOOOO FUN, I want to come out to the Ranch too!! And ride the quad and the horses. PLEASE take pics of them for me - I miss them!

Heather Palmer said...

I've been looking forward to your post all weekend! It's great to hear you had a good one. I totally hear you on the sleep thing! Bedtimes are not meant to be altered! I've had the same problem over the weekend with both my little ones cause Nixon is cutting a tooth. Ouch. Anyway...Sounds like you have had a good one so far! Enjoy the long weekend and the ranch! And hey, Madi saw the pics and said "Hey is that Brayden and Drew?" Glad to see she still remembers them. Now she is pestering to me go play at your house!!! :)

Heather Palmer said...

oh yeah...the underwear sheath is PRICELESS!

nena said...

libby you are a great writer, sorry I wasnt at choir, those are good photos of the kids, I wish we could have gone on a date with you this weekend . let's try for next week. I miss you and it's only been 3-4 days, I need girl time.