Our good friends Carolee and Jeff Biehn are moving to Ogden and we are very sad to see them go:( We stopped by before we left town to take some pics and say goodbye. Brayden became very good friends with Trenton so I'm super sad to see them go, obviously as well as Carolee...we became fast friends too after sharing similar stories about the horrors and joys of being married to a Resident and Doctor!


I had to take a pic of the Moore, OK water tower. I expected to see way more damage to the town as we drove through, just a couple months after the huge tornado that came tearing through there, but didn't see much from the highway we were traveling on.

This face came from the enormous storm that we went through in Kansas. It hit right before the sun went down and it was very scary. All the kids were scared but Taylor was in tears and hiding under her blanket. We had to slow WAY down and at one point stop under an overpass as the storm calmed down just a little. We've learned from these big storms down here that when people start pulling over it's a good idea. I ain't no fool!




When we made it to Colorado we had a couple of deer pass the road and stop in the trees so we had to stop and take a pic...our first wildlife!

We stopped by one of Sean's mission companions houses in Castle Rock, CO and after being in the car for so long that day, Nina made it known to everybody that she wasn't feeling it! She puked all over me and the kitchen...twice! I felt so bad that we had to spend our time cleaning up puke instead of visiting. So by the end of the visit she was naked and finally able to go outside and get some fresh air.



This is our car on vacation...road trips actually...the kids at this point were so delirious I was so annoyed! They hit a point when its just crazy and you can't control it...this pretty much sums it up!


It called for earphones for me and nobody to talk to for Sean...but sometimes it has to happen!


We made it to Utah and the kids and I are having fun with Grandma Betty Jean. The boys have asked non stop to swim in her pool and they've only been able to do it once. Hopefully Monday morning is warm and they can go once more!


This picture is so awesome because it completely sums up my children at that moment! Taylor refused to move over beside Drew because she complained that it was too hot and just wouldn't budge. She is so funny.








Love my visit with Chelsea! It's always so great to catch up with her...we go WAY back and our kids get along famously! Her little girl Aubrey and Taylor were like two peas in a pod...kinda brought me back and reminded me of us when we were little.



These girls seriously layed down on the trampoline for the longest time and tickled eachothers feet and thought they were so funny!





It's been a long week so far and we are glad that it's getting closer to being over. Nina has gotten used to the pack 'n' play and is sleeping well now that she realizes she's not going home! The girls are waking up every night with either one of them screaming from either a nightmare or night terror (oh joy!) and the boys are angels of course!
Sean took Tay to the hospital tonight because she has a pretty bad UTI and I couldn't stand to watch her anymore and also wait for a kidney infection to start so he's getting her some medication thank goodness!
Tomorrow it's church with Grandma and then chill at home all day and rest before the rest of our trip. It's been so nice to stay at family's house and have so much room to spread out!
Happy Birthday to my sweet Madre today who turns 60!!!!! She is amazing and I love her to pieces...here are 60 things I love about her:
1. She makes me laugh
2. She is beautiful
3. Creative
4. Smart
5. Can sew anything
6. Loves her cat that everybody hates
7. Genuine
8. Has the best rap actions
9. Holds her pinky out when she drinks
10. Can laugh about losing her top in the pool, completely oblivious
11. Exceptional gardening skills
12. Tremendous cook
13. Thoughtful
14. Generous
15. Taught me everything I know
16. Will never be as wonderful as her
17. Hates to be touched in her own bed (sorry Dad)
18. Is afraid of the dark (Vegas was so funny)
19. Pause
20. Loves her M&M's
21. Think about her everytime I eat Mint Chocolate Chip anything
22. Pees her pants when she laughs too hard
23. Lover of scriptures
24. Loves food as much as I do
25. Homemaker
26. Hard worker
27. Amazing wife
28. Honest
29. Virtuous
30. Has amazing faith in our Savior
31. Unconditional love for her children
32. Awesome Young Women's leader and any calling she has basically
33. Understanding
34. Conservative
35. Gorgeous
36. Kind
37. Loved by Grandkids
38. Spills diet coke in most restaurants
39. Has the best laugh attacks with me
40. Trustworthy
41. Has incredible strength to endure the things she's had to endure, starting with Med School and Residency and Fellowship!
42. Loves diet coke
43. Lives for the Pedi
44. Loves birds
45. Mother's more than her own
46. Caring
47. Loves Brighton
48. Easy to surprise
49. Best friend
50. One of God's angels on earth
51. Hates to gossip
52. Surrounds herself with good friends
53. Modest
54. Would do anything for me
55. Someone I aspire to be like
56. Role Model
57. Incredibly taught me all I know
58. Makes amazing bread and enchiladas and lasagna...all of which I can't eat
59. Smells good
60. Happy Birthday Mum...I love you to pieces
60.

1 comment:
I've got the best girls in the whole world. Love to be with them, they are my best friends in the world! My life is blessed!
Post a Comment