Our niece Aymie has been visiting us for the past week or so. She is waiting for her mission call so she decided to get her mind off waiting and come down to Dallas to wait! We love having her here with us, she helps out with the kids and the house and keeps me company when Sean is in Houston so much!
After the Christmas week we organized a surprise party for Dad's 60th birthday since nobody would be in Calgary for his birthday this month. We decorated my house, made some brazilian food and had mom bring him over like nothing out of the ordinary was happening! The kids had a fun time surprising him and Brian and Robin's kids were on skype to see the surprise too! It was so much fun! Jeni had put together a special book for him with 70 letters from his family and friends, kind of an ode to papa! I love him! I loved having mom and dad here this month, it felt like home being with them and Jeni:)
I've been chilling this holiday, not going to the gym enough, eating too much, loving spending time with my kids and Sean. He goes to moonlight in Houston probably a couple of weekends a month so he's gone quite a bit it seems. He flew out New Year's Eve and worked the day, then drove back the next morning at 230am when he got off shift to make it back for his 7am shift here in Plano. He works so hard, I'm so lucky to have him...hopefully we can find a job here in the next 6 months and start doing what he loves and what he's worked so hard for!
It's so stressfull looking for a job, trying to decide where you would be most happy...I just have to trust that the Lord will help and guide and direct us to where we need to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment