Sean took off for Massachusetts this morning and left me to fend for myself at church! Jeni and Brian were giving talks today so I agreed to sit with their kids too. I honestly thought everything would be fine but quickly forgot about my 3 year old! She needs her own supervision, like one whole adult at all times! As soon as Jeni got to church and realized Sean was gone she started having a minor panic attack before going to sit up front! I felt so bad! Luckily we have some awesome people in the ward to help out though. Courtney was able to sit with a friend so I only had to sit with 7...hahaha! Ya, Charlotte lasted until about halfway through the passing of the sacrament before I had to drag her outside to the hallway. I love watching mom's bring their kids out of church because we all do the same tight grip on the arm while we don a fake smile to everybody else. You can always tell how the mom really feels by the whites of her knuckles gripped around the child's arm! I had a couple of other mom's come out periodically throughout the meeting and assure me the kids were doing just fine in the pew by themselves. Drew and Brayden had a good grip on Stephen and the girls were getting along with their purse of treats. Before the sacrament started I was busy trying to get Charlotte off of Nina (she's a tad obsessed) and didn't notice the girls putting on Jeni's lipstick from her purse, after which Natalie promptly told me she was allowed to do! The next two hours consisted of me falling asleep at the piano bench in primary while I gave Taylor the eye a couple of times to stop picking her nose and to sing louder, and occasionally jazz up the arrangements from the primary book because they are SO boring! Seriously, they need to make an advanced piano version of that thing, that would be rad!
Probably the thing that made my day though, was going upstairs tonight to tuck everybody in, dreading to walk into the girl's room because I knew there were clothes, books and wet pull ups everywhere (I promise we do throw them away but sometimes it takes until the end of the day, gross I know), only to walk in and see a spotless floor and room! Taylor had taken it upon herself to clean up the entire room, books away in their place, laundry in the basket, pullups in the garbage and beds made! I felt a huge sense of accomplishment that I had taught this girl something so far! Sometimes you aren't sure if things are getting through, but I feel like she has caught the cleaning bug from her momma! Yay! What a sweetheart. I made sure she knew how much that meant to me and how great a mom she is going to be one day. She seemed pretty proud of herself.
We did facetime with Daddy tonight and we knelt in family prayer while he said it all the way from his hotel. Technology is pretty rad!
Here's to another busy week!
1 comment:
YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!
Post a Comment