Char is taking her typical Sunday afternoon naparoo and the kids are watching a movie while I peruse the internet and relax. There is just something about Sunday afternoons that is so relaxing and enjoyable. I have nobody coming over for dinner tonight so I don't have to slave in the kitchen thank goodness!
Today at church in Young Women's I gave my lesson on Finding Happiness and remembered back when I was pregnant with Drew (my firstborn) and my Dad asked me into his office at work and told me I was a miserable person to be around and was always unhappy! I was shocked at first and then quickly offended, being the young lady I was...I"m so glad he did it though because I think most people don't realize they are always looking or acting unhappy unless somebody points it out to them. Since then I've always tried to be happy even when I"m not so that it doesn't show all over my face. It really is miserable to be around people like that. Anyway, good lesson and the spirit was definitely felt with the girls.
The boys taught sharing time all alone today! We did a family home evening last week on strengthening our faith and I had made a bunch of laminated magnets that went along with the Brother of Jared story and also a game. They loved it and asked somebody in the Primary Presidency last week if they could teach sharing time this week...and so they did! Sean said they did great, I wish I could have watched but I"m sure they did fine!
Brayden has a special talent that I always praise him for, and that's his innate ability to make babies laugh! He will sit with a baby on the floor for the longest time making them giggle and keeping them company. He loves every second of it and never asks if he can be done! Today a couple of our friends were speaking in church so when the wife went up, the husband had to leave because their 1 year old was crying so Brayden followed him out into the foyer and played with the baby and made him giggle and walked around with him. When it was the husband's turn, the wife got up with her two sons to leave and Brayden followed her out and did the same thing for the rest of the meeting. He's like my little babysitter that I can't actually use officially yet because he's only 7! Drew got jealous and didn't understand why Brayden got to have all the fun. I had to explain to him after church that it's one of Brayden's special talents and that's why I sent him on the errand. The boys are very competitive and are always comparing eachother but I thought it was important that Drew knows that we all have different talents and Brayden is just a natural at this! He understood after we talked, what a sweetheart though!
Tomorrow is Family Day and I think Sean actually has the day off! Wow...I want to go to Watertown (woo hoo) just to shop and go to Panera so maybe that's what we'll do...we'll see!
I have about 7 weeks left until this baby comes and I can't wait! The sleeping at night is starting to get worse and worse with me waking up all the time to readjust my pillows, go pee, or deal with another child. Lotti is constantly falling out of her bed so I'm usually just going in there to tuck her back in. At least she goes right back to sleep, my kids are all such good sleepers, I can't complain! I should probably pack my overnight bag in the next few weeks here but otherwise things are ready! I have anxiety everytime I think about labor so I try not to think about it too much, it's a lie what they so you know...that you forget the pain of labor, that's why we have more babies? I totally disagree...I think most woman all remember the exact thing that goes on...it's only because we love our kids so much that we have more!
I'm reading President Monson's Biography right now and I'm loving him more and more, the more I find out about his life and what kind of person he is. What a wonderful man. I'm finding some comparisons between him and Sean as he was a bishop at age 22 and dealt with a lot of welfare issues in Salt Lake. It has been quite a task for Sean to be Branch President while he's been a resident and for me as well, supporting him even with the lack of time we spend together, but reading about Pres. Monson and how he did it and got through the stresses helps me to appreciate all that Sean has done. What a guy:)
L
1 comment:
Y'all are amazing lib. Sean is a great branch pres, father, hubs, dr... And you full time working amazing pregnant momma. I can wait for this little #5 to come along! Hello?! You guys make cute cute babies! Ok look only blog at my friend, the blairs. She is 36 weeks preg with twins, measuring in at 50 weeks. Ahhh could you imagine?! Check out her pics. They Are really cute.
Also Brayden is such sweet heart. Man, love that kid. He has a special little spirit lib, hope you know that you are so lucky to have him n your home.
Post a Comment