Well the big anticipated day has come and gone and it actually feels great to look onto the New Year and start cleaning up the decorations. They are always so old a couple days after Christmas and I have this need to put them all away and get back to normal!
Christmas day was fun this year, nobody woke up except Drew at 730 and he promptly woke everybody up since the rule was nobody was to go downstairs until 700! We had to drag Daddy as usual but he was able to go downstairs and finish throwing the scrap boxes in the garage from the night before so nobody would see! We didn’t really have time for a big breakfast as per usual since church was at 1030 and we had to leave at 945;(
I’ve been suffering from a cold for the past week and on Sunday it was bad, stuffy, headache, constantly plugged up nose. Anybody that was involved in the program was supposed to be there early to meet in Sean’s office for a prayer meeting. So right after the prayer the other branch announced that one of their main singers in a trio and the choir was not going to come so they didn’t know what to do. So me, being myself, offered to sing for her! What was I thinking? I wasn’t thinking about how Char hates sacrament meeting and never wants to sit still or be quiet, or the fact that I couldn’t breathe through my nose! Luckily right as the meeting was starting this woman walked in and I was off the hook! I need to keep my big mouth shut next time. Lotti is enough for me to handle in church! She is just at that stage where its either her way or the highway!
After church we just had a long day with eachother, opening presents, playing with toys, napping, watching movies, and not being able to taste the food I made! That is seriously the worst part! It just takes a little bit of enjoyment out of life! By dinner I made ham, potatoes and pistachio jello pudding and I had taken enough pills and blown my nose and unplugged my ears enough that I had a slight hint of taste!
Yesterday we didn’t leave our house either, just stayed in. My sinus headache was brutal yesterday and it hurt to lean over, blow my nose, do anything! My taste is coming back but my head kills so I sent Sean off to find an open pharmacy to buy me some pills and a Neti-pot. I had read the night before all about neti-pots and the advantages of using them with sinus colds and infections and since being preggo I can’t really take anything, I was willing to try anything that I could! I’ve always been afraid of them since they sound so disgusting and weird. I have to say now though that I am a huge fan! It washes out the gunk inside your nasal cavity and really helps in a natural way! I did it again this morning to start off my day so hopefully it helps!
Last night was brutal. I couldn’t sleep AT ALL and didn’t end up falling asleep until some time around 2am after going to bed at 1100. My head hurt just to lay down, the pressure was horrible.
Anyway, enough about that, this morning it feels a bit better and I’m off to the spa at 10 for a facial and pedicure…something I was given last Mother’s day and am now just finally getting around to it since Sean finally has some time off!
I love this picture of Lott, mid Christmas day, she was exhausted and totally fell over on the couch probably 2 minutes after putting on a movie for her!
Now we look forward to Nana and Gdad’s visit next week and some fun shows that we have tickets for! Hopefully it stays snowless around here, although the forecast does call for light snow every few days, we’ll see!
I just feel very blessed that my children are happy, healthy, smart, kind, love eachother, we have a warm house, food, cars, jobs, etc. I am very blessed at this time of year
L
2 comments:
Man! Sucky to not be with y'all for Christmas. My kids got the matching jammies to your kids this year too. So cute. Cant wait till next year.
Looks like a fun Christmas! Love you and miss you !
Post a Comment