Saturday, August 06, 2011

SHWEATY!!!

Oh...My...Gosh! It is so hot here today I am dying!!! I realized that when heat and humidity hit me in this house I am not a happy mamacita! I start yelling, sweating, yelling, did I mention sweating? It was so bad today I had enough and took all the kids with me to Canadian Tire to buy a portable air conditioner! We vowed we wouldn't buy one this year as this is our last year here and didn't want to invest in it, but also to cut bills...I so didn't care today! Our landlord is too cheap to put it in (even though every house on our block has it) so we were just going to keep the windows open and pray. Unfortunately I think that almost makes it worse because the moisture gets inside!

Anyway...after a long shopping trip and $699 later...I had a portable air conditioner that was opened in my living room with nowhere to go...since the outside air tube won't fit in any of my windows!!!!! Nice...Nice.

I guess it's better this way, Sean doesn't want it anyway and thinks the heat will be gone in a few weeks and all things will be back in order with mamacita. Let's hope!...and hey...I feel like I just made $699! haha

What else is new...working out and eating healthy has been a huge hit around here and everybody is being rejuvinated after a long summer of eating crap! it's great to get back into it! I love the endorphins I get from working out, even though Jillian Michaels kicks my trash every night, it's usually worth it in the end:)

Sean is working like a crazy man...on call every night of the week this entire month except for our week holiday and every Thurs night where he has a study date with his colleague for their year end exams in May 2012. He has his study schedule all typed out and on our fridge for the next 9 months...pretty crazy! He's already a ball of stress.

I think I convinced Brayden not to play hockey in the fall...(yay!) I have to admit that I hate hockey and didn't grow up playing it, my brother played it maybe for one year and then moved on to football and basketball like the rest of us. Brayden had his heart set on it because all his little friends play and it's the thing to do around here...but I hate it, hate going to practices twice a week, hate the smell of it, and hate how they play on Sundays! So I told him that next year when we're living in the States the big sports are basketball, football, baseball, and golf and to get into those sports this year to get himself ready! So Sean went out and bought him and Drew a set of golfclubs to share and takes them to the driving range every chance he can! Brayden is a natural and of course Drew, being the perfectionist he is, is full of huffing and puffing and spazzing...kind of like my golf game! So yay for my little talk, he now wants to play basketball, soccer, baseball and golf this year! mwaaa ha ha ha ha!

Well now that I"ve adequately started drying off from my post work out in front of this ginormous fan in my kitchen, I need to get the boys to bed so I can watch a movie!

Night:)

L

1 comment:

Anna@Exasperation said...

No worries, Libby. You can have all the air conditioning you want down here. I haven't been outside for more than 30 seconds in weeks. Even the pool has been too hot. I feel your pain!
So is the move to the states happening in 2012? That's coming up quick!
p.s. I think a 9 month study schedule is all kinds of ridiculous. So apparently I'd be a big fail at the doctor thing.