Thursday, January 06, 2011

Aren't you supposed to be working??

AH...I just blogged a whole paragraph on this and when I cut it, it erased and wouldn't come back when I pressed "paste"! Hate that!

Anyway...the short story is that I had a night planned last night to myself, since Sean was on call. I put the kids to bed and went downstairs to unwind to my favourite shows, soap opera, what have you! Low and behold, the front door opens and Sean walks in. Apparantly work was slow last night so he was allowed to do call from home until they needed him to come in! Of course he sits down and doesn't want to watch what I'm watching. Excuse me? Didn't you pretty much give me the rights to the tv tonight since you are supposed to be working? I'm on a schedule here buddy:) So many times I have been disappointed because he didn't come home when he said he would, or he couldn't make a certain function, so I don't wait around anymore. I plan my life around his time schedule and I'm ok with that! So when I turned to him and said "Aren't you supposed to be at work tonight?" he got a little sad I think because I wasn't that excited to see him! That really had nothing to do with it...
















Anyway, he kind of looked at me and said "Oh, well I'll just go back to work then..." He didn't actually leave, and we ended up watching something lame on tv together while he fell asleep, afterwhich I turned my fun movie on!


I'm so accustomed to being by myself and being ok with that I need to take the time to do things with him when he does have the little time at home. I guess this is something that I can work on this year right?

Anyway...it's snowing again right now, a lot! And speaking of snow, the kids of course need to bundle up before they go to school in their gear (gloves, snowpants, hats, etc). Well at the beginning of the year Brayden came home with snow pants that didn't look like the ones I had bought from CHildren's Place. They weren't as black as I remember and they were a size 5. Why would I buy a size 5 for B? I always buy size 6's! Anyway, I sent a note to school asking that they look for the pants that belonged to him. In the meantime, these pants were also from Children's Place and for a second I thought maybe I was losing my mind and I had really bought him size 5 pants! Well this morning he's getting ready to leave and tells me that he's lost his gloves and snowpants, and the kicker is that it happened in between 1st and 2nd recess yesterday at school! What the???? I was so irritated...how are things going missing at school? So when I drove them to school this morning I went inside to talk to B's teacher and find out what the crap is going on. She said yesterday they looked everywhere and even made an announcement about his gloves but she didn't know anything about his snowpants missing! After I told her she realized that Brayden had looked at his snowpants before 2nd recess and said "these aren't mine, they're size 5" and so she put them in the lost and found. I think my kid is losing his mind too! SO...basically he has lost his gloves (arg) but got his small snowpants back (yipee). Where is this glove napper anyway? Momma's mad!

So on another note...I have 12 weeks until I turn 30...I'm thinking another run of P90X? That definitely kicked my butt...my problem is the eating factor! I have this little problem and that is that food sometimes controls me...I think I'm slightly addicted to it actually...no joke people...it's pretty pathetic actually. It does help to have goals though! I want to feel great on my 30th birthday and the only way for that to happen is to lose 15-20lb! Trust me...I know this! We all know what weight makes us feel good, and that would be it! So Monday I think that's what I"m going to do...restart P90X and do it for the 3 months up to my birthday...oh and weight watchers too! That always works for me...as long as mentally I can tell myself that whatever it is I want to eat, it's not worth the way I feel!

L

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

WHOA that is exactly how Ryan and I are when it comes to shows. I get soooo disappointed when he stops studying for the night to "hang" with me and watch TV> Instead, he groans until I switch to HIS shows.

Except, he has realized that The Bachelor really is the best thing ever and he loves watching it with me. THE DRAMA>>>>> So good.

That snow hurts me. It is like perfect fall weather here. Can't complain!!!

Good luck with P90!!! I did it for a few weeks but got so worn out with the everyday work outs. I still do it every so often because Tony is the man.

Emily said...

Did you know that if you are in the "compose" mode, you can't ever cut, copy or paste. It will always get deleted. Only in the "html" mode does it work like normal, I don't know why. I finally figured that out after many blog losses. Just thought I'd pass that on to you.