Well the long day is over and it was so much fun! Sean and I stayed up until about 12:30 which is pretty good for Christmas Eve for us! At around 4am Char woke up coughing and had a coughing spell for about an hour until 5! I could not get back to sleep, I think I had santa anxiousness for the kids! The excitement doesn’t go away even though you grow up! We had told the kids they couldn’t go downstairs until at least 8am which they complied to! They had an awesome morning playing with princesses, cars, kung zhu pets and wii games! I think this Christmas was probably the best for games! We really needed new games to play and did we ever get them!
Scotch Stew went over well and Brayden actually really liked it! Nana made a cherry braid which she hasn’t made for years, since I was little is my memory…and it was delish!
We spent the day playing with our toys and napping and Nana cooked away in the kitchen! Before long it was dinner time and we stuffed ourselves with the usual tastes of Christmas…turkey, stuffing, corn, potatoes, yams, pistachio pudding, homemade rolls, cranberry sauce, and homemade apple and blueberry/cheesecake pie for dessert! I’m still stuffed and it’s hours later…that is brutal!
After everything was over I gave the little boys haircuts and I think I need to do Sean’s hair here in a second too!
I was spoiled as per usual and am very grateful for everything:) I feel very blessed for so many things in my life, but especially family, a warm home, food, and of course my Savior Jesus Christ, without which I would not be the person I am today. We watched the movie “The Nativity Story” last night and to see Jesus being born in the most humblest of places, only to grow up to be the King of Kings! I love that the Lord sent him to earth just the same as everybody else comes to earth, and I love that he had to start from the beginning as a babe just as we all do.
One thing we did this year was the 12 days of Christmas. We had a family that was in need this year that are friends of ours, so we got together with some of our friends and we each did 6 days of Christmas for this family. It was so much fun to go each night and sneak up their steps and ring their doorbell and take off! On the last day it was our day and when we went to the door, they weren’t home, but they had left a note for us, just thanking us for the joy we had brought them this Christmas. I’m so glad my boys got to enjoy that and feel true joy in making others happy and giving in its true form. I’m so grateful to have such giving children who understand how to serve.
Merry Christmas and hopefully everybody out there had just as great a day as I did:)
L
1 comment:
Whats that box they are all looking at? Looks like a fun Christmas, just how Christmas should be.
Loves.
Post a Comment